Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

One for @rjw63

Hopefully the stuff about how big he is dies down after the 1st episode, I get the point 

Looks good 

0.38  "You just go where ever you want, when ever you want. "Everyones always jealous"!

Reminds me of myself when I used to shop in Burton's Sutton, before hittin Rosies 😂

• Haha 2

like i said i've never read the books i've only seen the films but i liked the unassuming nature of cruise, the characters look at him then look at his file and wheel off all the military awards and service history with bemusement "who, that guy?" that works with cruise, it doesn't work with a guy freshly chiseled out of granite, this guys bigger than captain america

the scene at around 1.30, 4 scrawny drunk kids taking him on? i dont buy it, with cruise i did, the mans a ghost but he stands out in every room 

i'll watch it because i liked the films

Edited by villa4europe

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

like i said i've never read the books i've only seen the films 

If you'd read any of the books you'd know Cruise was a million miles away from how the character should be portrayed. And I like TC. 

You just can't read a story of a bloke who is 6'5" then watch a movie version of him at 5'7".

Annoyingly the book fans still won't shut the **** up about it on any and all social media so I stopped following the author. 

19 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

If you'd read any of the books you'd know Cruise was a million miles away from how the character should be portrayed. And I like TC. 

You just can't read a story of a bloke who is 6'5" then watch a movie version of him at 5'7".

Annoyingly the book fans still won't shut the **** up about it on any and all social media so I stopped following the author. 

This guy unbelievably is 'only'  6ft 2 according to his bio

Hoping he refers to when he watched the 1982 European Cup final and how those brits beat the German's ass but that was a later book as it appears the series is based on the first book 

Also hope we get the ex Villa players name's in as well 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

Bordertown: Mural Murders.

One off feature length episode just dropped on Netflix, really enjoyed it, just as good as the series. Ratings are lower then for the series but I'm guessing that comes from newbies voting without having seen the series and just don't get Kari. Recommended.

The third and sadly final episode of this test revival of the series is up. This shouldn't be anywhere near as decent as it is. Hoping against hope it can make it to a true series. Rab Florence is perfect for this and Trevor McDonald, inspired.

Been watching clips of The Shield on YouTube. Makes me remember how awesome it was! May have to binge it again. 

Genuinely up there with best ever TV i've seen. 

If you haven't seen it, get watching! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Started watching American Rust, Jeff Daniels playing a bedraggled cop in small town America. He's one of them actors who just gets better and better. I'm two episodes in and it's certainly got my interest. 

I liked it

• Thanks 1

finished the wire last night, 3rd time ive watched it, first time in about 10 years when the BBC showed it late at night, i also watched it quick, started early october so ive done 5 episodes a week at least

its still just an incredible piece of work that stands up as well as it ever did

things i noticed this time - 

Spoiler

i still like season 2 for all its faults, it introduces 2 of the weakest characters for me though, ziggy obviously but i also really dont like brother mazone, he's a bit unrealistic for me, what i did notice this time though which didnt occur to me before was that the season really misses bubbles and omar, they hardly feature, the greek and nick etc are great additions and i like the port but the season is missing something and i think its them more than its avon and stringer

i didnt like some of the connections that were introduced as they moved through the seasons, the blind guy being omars uncle, bunny and prez ending up at the school, just some little things that i can understand why they did it but they dont always work

season 5 is poor, mcnulty isnt a good character and they shouldnt have brought him back, them redeeming him in season 4 (while he shot 300..) and then flipping him back in season 5 is the worst thing they do in the whole show, the newsroom setting is good its the arc that doesn't work, they stretch it way too thin, the whole season just a bit desperate which you could try and spin in to desperation cleverly being the theme of the whole season but i dont think thats it

i still dont understand rawls in the gay bar and why they did it beyond shock value

jay is a better character than i remember

bunk, omar and bubbles are the best characters for me but carver is the character that has the best arc and the best development

i didnt realise the detective (coles?) actually died and thats why he's in the opening credits

i appreciated the final marlo scene more, him walking away from levy and taking a corner in the context of that being where stringer **** up cos thats not his world

the ending is still absolutely brilliant and one of the best finishes to any show

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Xela said:

Been watching clips of The Shield on YouTube. Makes me remember how awesome it was! May have to binge it again. 

Genuinely up there with best ever TV i've seen. 

If you haven't seen it, get watching! 

All of it is on Netflix or amazon right now (can't remember which one) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

All of it is on Netflix or amazon right now (can't remember which one) 

Cheers. I was going to starts Sons of Anarchy but that comes off Netflix on NYE. 

Looks like the Shield... or Bosch (seen the first couple of seasons and liked it)

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

finished the wire last night, 3rd time ive watched it, first time in about 10 years when the BBC showed it late at night, i also watched it quick, started early october so ive done 5 episodes a week at least

its still just an incredible piece of work that stands up as well as it ever did

things i noticed this time - 

Reveal hidden contents

i still like season 2 for all its faults, it introduces 2 of the weakest characters for me though, ziggy obviously but i also really dont like brother mazone, he's a bit unrealistic for me, what i did notice this time though which didnt occur to me before was that the season really misses bubbles and omar, they hardly feature, the greek and nick etc are great additions and i like the port but the season is missing something and i think its them more than its avon and stringer

i didnt like some of the connections that were introduced as they moved through the seasons, the blind guy being omars uncle, bunny and prez ending up at the school, just some little things that i can understand why they did it but they dont always work

season 5 is poor, mcnulty isnt a good character and they shouldnt have brought him back, them redeeming him in season 4 (while he shot 300..) and then flipping him back in season 5 is the worst thing they do in the whole show, the newsroom setting is good its the arc that doesn't work, they stretch it way too thin, the whole season just a bit desperate which you could try and spin in to desperation cleverly being the theme of the whole season but i dont think thats it

i still dont understand rawls in the gay bar and why they did it beyond shock value

jay is a better character than i remember

bunk, omar and bubbles are the best characters for me but carver is the character that has the best arc and the best development

i didnt realise the detective (coles?) actually died and thats why he's in the opening credits

i appreciated the final marlo scene more, him walking away from levy and taking a corner in the context of that being where stringer **** up cos thats not his world

the ending is still absolutely brilliant and one of the best finishes to any show

Good summing up mate. Sorry to beat the drum, but have you watched the Shield. It's nearly at the same level IMO. Watched a few more clips of it earlier and its just wonderful. 

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

Good summing up mate. Sorry to beat the drum, but have you watched the Shield. It's nearly at the same level IMO. Watched a few more clips of it earlier and its just wonderful. 

i started it around the same time but never made it past season 1, i cant remember who showed it so im sure i had the boxset from someone

dexter and 24 are in the same category too

i reckon i found the wire around 2004 (cant remember how i did that either) so id have been watching sopranos,  nip / tuck, 6 feet under, probably a lot of bad american TV like friends and scrubs

i didnt watch deadwood, west wing, lost, prison break, house etc

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Cheers. I was going to starts Sons of Anarchy but that comes off Netflix on NYE. 

Looks like the Shield... or Bosch (seen the first couple of seasons and liked it)

Bosch is very good too, as is Goliath (of the more recent stuff)

• Like 2

Â