Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

17 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

To be fair, 1999-2001 WWF was genuinely the best thing on TV

And I'm not even joking

call me sad, but i downloaded every raw and smackdown from that era a couple of years back and rewatched it. your post is 100% true. it was absolutely fantastic television. i skipped the matches to be honest half the time, it wasn't about that for me. it was a soap opera for blokes, and a **** great one too.

• Like 1

Having stretched it out for ages, ‘cos I didn’t want it to end, I watched the final episode of Parks & Recreation last night 

Edited by wazzap24
Spoiler added in error
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I think I might be due a rewatch of BSG, it's been a while.

I really, really wanted to like the Expanse, and I think it's a solid show, but Shohreh Aghdashloo makes me want to put my foot through the TV. Her voice irritates the shit out of me, and her delivery is so wooden, I just couldn't keep watching, for me, she ruins every scene she's in.

I couldn't agree more. Everyone seems to love her and thinks she's the best part of the show, but watching her mangle her lines is downright painful. Worse, she made it into the Star Trek films and even into Arcane off the back of that performance, and in the latter she's literally only providing her voice. I just don't get it.

I don't want to shit on the Expanse too much because it's definitely solid, as you say, but I think a few of the regulars from the first season aren't particularly great actors. And also I really don't get how all the spaceship sets look so much worse than the ones from BSG, even when the budget went up in the second season. They just bathed everything in blue light and hoped it looked military / futuristic. I love all the lighting on the BSG sets; the bridges of the Galactica and Pegasus in the clip here (I won't embed it because it's massive) look so much better than the Rocinate ever did. I kinda just feel like the Expanse looks cheap, even though I'm sure it's anything but.

Guess I'll have to give Above and Beyond a chance though! :)

Edited by Panto_Villan
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Having stretched it out for ages, ‘cos I didn’t want it to end, I watched the final episode of Parks & Recreation last night 

Not long finished my second viewing of the whole thing. 

Wonderful show.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

JR in his prime really managed to elevate the shows and stories.  His commentary over the Austin heel turn at WM 17 was peak JR.

You're right about JR but although it was great entertainment at WM that Stone Cold heel turn was the worst thing I ever watched as it dragged on.  He didn't suit being a heel at all and I was really just waiting for him to turn back again which tbf he did in style 😂 

5 minutes ago, troon_villan said:

You're right about JR but although it was great entertainment at WM that Stone Cold heel turn was the worst thing I ever watched as it dragged on.  He didn't suit being a heel at all and I was really just waiting for him to turn back again which tbf he did in style 😂 

Forgot about that

Me saying that I didn't like or buy in to cena but I also hated vince, his interference and wanting to wrestle (and Shane to a lesser extent) did absolutely nothing for me, there were some brilliant characters and he wasn't one of them yet he put himself top of the bill

12 minutes ago, troon_villan said:

I was the same, desperate for him to turn face again but looking back now some of his best work was in this period.  Comic, deranged, paranoid heel Austin was great and his skits with Angle are some of my favourite ever. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Forgot about that

Me saying that I didn't like or buy in to cena but I also hated vince, his interference and wanting to wrestle (and Shane to a lesser extent) did absolutely nothing for me, there were some brilliant characters and he wasn't one of them yet he put himself top of the bill

Nah, the evil Mr McMahon character was absolutely integral to the WWF’s success.

Edited by Wainy316

11 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

My 15yr old lad and I are having a break from Parks and Rec (to catch up on other programs which will include Book of Boba, Hawkeye and currently Cowboy Bebop) but will return to it in the new year!

We’ve just got to Season 5 - it’s a terrific comedy series! 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

Watched the first 2 episodes of Outlaws on iplayer last night. Thought it was crap. Is it worth ploughing through all 6 episodes?

I really liked it. But if you think it's crap after 2 episodes then it's probably not for you

5 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Paul Chowdhry live on Netflix. Very funny guy, loved his opinion of peedo Jacko 🤣

Did it involve the line "nah dave, I didn't touch them kids" plus then no doubt something about bengalis 

I like him, doesn't seem to do that much 

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Did it involve the line "nah dave, I didn't touch them kids" plus then no doubt something about bengalis 

No, he did a good vocal impression "I wanna sleeeeeeeep with your kiiiiiiiids" 😂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

One for @rjw63

Hopefully the stuff about how big he is dies down after the 1st episode, I get the point 

Still hilarious that they cast 4ft 6 Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher in the movies

10 minutes ago, sne said:

Still hilarious that they cast 4ft 6 Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher in the movies

Without reading the books I liked him, his size belied his skillset, this 7ft 10 man mountain isn't getting started on in a bar or even a prison, this guy is too big 

57 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

One for @rjw63

Hopefully the stuff about how big he is dies down after the 1st episode, I get the point 

He fits the bill perfectly. trailer looks great.

• Like 2

Â