Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Yeah I must admit I'm struggling to find anything to watch on Apple TV.  Good job it's a free 12 month trial else it would have been cancelled already. 

Guess there is such a thing as too much choice!

3 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Don't waste your time. It's dreadful - completely implausible and the writing gets worse and worse.

@mjmooney Having finished the series... I think dreadful is harsh. But the standard definitely decreases and I wouldn't say its a must watch.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

@mjmooney Having finished the series... I think dreadful is harsh. But the standard definitely decreases and I wouldn't say its a must watch.

Yeah I thought Your Honor was pretty good to be honest!

Is it a standalone series? I’d be more inclined to watch if I knew it had a definite end rather than getting sucked into something that’s splitting opinion.

Watched Ozark and most of Snowpiercer since The Sopranos, kept up with (F)TWD as always.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

Is it a standalone series? I’d be more inclined to watch if I knew it had a definite end rather than getting sucked into something that’s splitting opinion.

The family versus integrity story definitely completes. There are some avenues that could use the characters in a second storyline.

As others have written, it’s decently made and acted but suspension of plausibility is required (although, if being picky, I find that with most TV to some extent anyway).

7/10, i.e. worth a watch but definitely not a classic. I admit I may have enjoyed it more as I’ve been to New Orleans and quite like Cranston’s acting.

Edited by brommy

Finished The Terror the other night. 

It started off interesting enough, then went all **** mythical, then you had Mr Goodman (Goodsir?), who was legit as F, then you had that pokey little leeds **** who was as intimidating as a caramel waffle and it all sort of.. fell apart. 

I wanted it to concentrate more on the facts of what happened, rather than man-bear-pig fragging everyone. 

So the guy from Chernobyl was cool, as was Goodman (or was it Goodsir?), the rest were completely forgettable.  They should have casted me if they wanted some mad word removed off his head on lead poisoning.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, brommy said:

The family versus integrity story definitely completes. There are some avenues that could use the characters in a second storyline.

As others have written, it’s decently made and acted but suspension of plausibility is required (although, if being picky, I find that with most TV to some extent anyway).

7/10, i.e. worth a watch but definitely not a classic. I admit I may have enjoyed it more as I’ve been to New Orleans and quite like Cranston’s acting.

Thanks, both of those last 2 boxes ticked for me too. I'll probably find something to watch more easily on Netflix first though.

• Like 1

The Flight Attendant was marvellously bonkers. Pacy and entertaining, it's slickly done, and Kaley Cuoco is terrific, it was a victim of it's own pacy style though as towards the end I'd have liked another episode to connect up some of the events 

Spoiler

particularly after the rock bottom episode which I thought was done really well but in a more in depth show you'd give the character a more plausible amount of time to cope with all that trauma, and have various conversations etc

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rodders said:

The Flight Attendant was marvellously bonkers. Pacy and entertaining, it's slickly done, and Kaley Cuoco is terrific, it was a victim of it's own pacy style though as towards the end I'd have liked another episode to connect up some of the events 

Reveal hidden contents

particularly after the rock bottom episode which I thought was done really well but in a more in depth show you'd give the character a more plausible amount of time to cope with all that trauma, and have various conversations etc

I agree. Great acting by Kaley Cuoco and enjoyably different. Some of the loose strings may be tidied up in a second series

Edited by brommy
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah I was pleasantly surprised by this one. Couldn't help associating Kaley Cuoco with the Big Bang Theory but this is very much not that. Looking forward to a second series.

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

My wife had to stop watching that because it was too cringy :lol:  

I loved it. 

Also listen to his podcast, it's 3/4 hours of brilliance. 

I think women generally enjoy cringe comedy less.

Â