Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Just got round to watching the second series of “Back”. It’s good, obviously “Peep Show” is not going to be far from the mind, but it’s different enough to be it’s own beast. Uncle Geoff is worth the admission cost alone and it does make me want to visit Stroud. Probably making it look as good as possible but still, picturesque.

Spoiler for the ending.

Spoiler

Genuinely stunned they killed off the mum. I was convinced they were setting it up so they’d have to team up to find out if the vicar was conning her.

Edited by Mark Albrighton

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Blimey, last episode of Unforgotten was a bit of a tearjerker wasn't it? Superb acting.

Glad I didn’t spoil(er) it for you. Sanjeev Bhaskar’s ‘Sunny’ appeared to increase in authority across series 4 so I’m hopeful the team will continue in series 5 with another decent storyline.

• Like 1

Designated Survivor.

First 2 series were by ABC and were solidly watchable.

Third series is by Netflix

Spoiler

...and they’ve netflixed it. Everyone has to swear, which is weird when nobody swore for the first 44 episodes now there appears to be a **** shit and piss quota that they have to hit. There’s more shagging, there’s more sneaky peeks at women’s underwear. What’s not to like! Right?

It’s all been dialled up. Yet somehow, it’s nowhere near as good. It feels like they had far more people on the committee trying desperately hard to make sure every Netflix target demographic got their 3 minute scene in every episode. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Your Honor, with Bryan Cranston from Breaking Bad is soooooooo good! My brother recommended it to me and I'm very grateful. I'm five episodes deep, get on it if you've not already.

I've been advised otherwise. 

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I've been advised otherwise. 

It’s well made with mostly good acting. If you buy in to the dilemma (which as a ‘family man’ you may), the series is good and worth a watch. If you don’t buy in to the dilemma, I can see why some would say it’s average. Either way, it’s definitely not poor or rubbish so worth a watch, depending on one’s available time.

36 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Fargo series 1-3 is some of my favourite TV ever, it's cracking stuff.

Season 4 may as well be a different show, and it's a bit shit.

Spoiler

aces 🤣

• Like 1

5 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Line of Duty was immense last night!

Yes, very enjoyable. How many attempts did it take you to pause the screen exactly when the picture was shown in the file at the end? Took me 5. If you didn't manage it

Spoiler

It was just Jo Davidson.

• Like 2

On 09/04/2021 at 06:02, Seat68 said:

Taskmaster was particularly good last night. I have enjoyed all episodes so far but it kicked up a gear last night. 

On 10/04/2021 at 18:18, Seat68 said:

I have a couple of episodes left but if you are looking for a quality british comedy, Dead Pixels. Difficult to describe really but really superb. 

Have you got a big crush on Charlotte Ritchie too?

:wub:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â