Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

extending the Charlotte Ritchie theme, Ghosts is glorious too. I love it. 

haven't seen dead pixels but will check that one out. 

I've been re-watching the original Red Dwarf for the first time in probably about 10-15 years, oof that makes me feel old, and it still holds up, naff sets aside. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I prefer Sarah Kendall to be fair. 

I haven't watched any of this series of taskmaster yet, I'm not sure who she is.

I walked past Jamali Maddix in Edinburgh a few years ago. We had an awkward few seconds of eye contact as I gawped at him, trying to work out where I recognised him from.

tv show wow GIF by CBBC

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, hogso said:

Yes, very enjoyable. How many attempts did it take you to pause the screen exactly when the picture was shown in the file at the end? Took me 5. If you didn't manage it

Reveal hidden contents

It was just Jo Davidson.

I didn’t try and pause it to be far as watched in bed with the Mrs already asleep! I saw on Twitter who it was this morning. Good tease from them! 

Really enjoying the series so far! 

3 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I haven't watched any of this series of taskmaster yet, I'm not sure who she is.

I walked past Jamali Maddix in Edinburgh a few years ago. We had an awkward few seconds of eye contact as I gawped at him, trying to work out where I recognised him from.

tv show wow GIF by CBBC

This season has started really well with all contestants providing good moments! 

id never heard of Jamali Maddix prior to this though. 

2 hours ago, theboyangel said:

This season has started really well with all contestants providing good moments! 

id never heard of Jamali Maddix prior to this though. 

I watched him on YouTube as I pretty much find all the comedians I like, so was looking forward to seeing him on it. He seems to have total disdain for Alex Horne. Rightly so. 

• Like 1

Well, the pilot for the new Joss Whedon show The Nevers was something. Not sure what, a bit of a mess perhaps.

It's a mix of a whole bunch of stuff like The X-Men, Inspector Gadget, The league of Extraordinary Gentlemen and so on and contains the same stereotypes as every other show these days does. A Victorian steampunk London setting, a bit of nudity and actually the odd kinda funny scene.

The pilot wasn't awful, mainly because it didn't take itself too seriously but I have a feeling it won't be anything particularly good either as the show goes on. It looked pretty good thou. Whedon sure likes to portray strong women, who he then apparently treats like shit on set. Go figure.

5.5-6/10, will watch the next ep as there is f all else out there atm.

8 hours ago, Rodders said:

extending the Charlotte Ritchie theme, Ghosts is glorious too. I love it. 

haven't seen dead pixels but will check that one out. 

I've been re-watching the original Red Dwarf for the first time in probably about 10-15 years, oof that makes me feel old, and it still holds up, naff sets aside. 

Series 6 has so many great episodes.............

5 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Heading back and watching This Is England again. Started with the film last night. Still love it. Stating the obvious but Stephen Graham is an absolute star even then. 

I'd rate This Is England (The film plus the series) as one of the best British shows of all time. It's absolutely brilliant

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

Is there anything on Apple TV that is worth watching?

There's not much on there. From what I've seen, "The Morning Show" and "Defending Jacob" are the best of the bunch.

"Ted Lasso" is meant to be alright but I haven't watched it myself.

"Mythic Quest" is absolutely shit

been mentioned once or twice on here but i enjoyed your honor so far...last episode still to watch

watched the first 3 episodes of the syndicate too, think there's a 4th coming out. very easy viewing that one doesn't need to pay attention to but nevertheless still decent enough

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mozzavfc said:

Is there anything on Apple TV that is worth watching?

Greyhound I thought was really excellent , though I think a few people have disliked it .

For Mankind season 1 was quite good , I’m struggling a bit with season 2 though , but some of the subtle timeline shifts are interesting , They aren’t particularly integral to the plot it’s just subtle background tv news whereby you’ll notice John Lennon wasn’t assassinated  and so on 

Â