Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

8 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Same here, almost done season one-three since last Friday.

Looks like a trip to the "high seas" for season 4.

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Is season 4 on iPlayer? Can't see it on Netflix

Looks like season 4 is on 'ITV Hub'

• Thanks 1

On 10/03/2021 at 13:32, wilko154 said:

Almost finished season 4 of Last Kingdom; I only started the first season 3 weeks ago.

Absolutely brilliant! Honestly think it's up there with Game of Thrones, perhaps even better.

I don't think it's close to GOT but that is a ridiculously high standard (ending excepted). 

Great series though. 

On 03/04/2021 at 10:57, Phil Silvers said:

Champion the wonder horse on talking pictures right now. Marvellous, awful but Marvellously good fun that takes me back to the best Saturday mornings I can remember. 

When I used to go to The Ship Ashore the DJ would always play the theme tune. For reasons I can't explain me and my mate would swap shirts (he is literally twice the size of me) and I would jump on his back both of us singing it as loud as we could whilst I was pretending to lassoo a rope as he jumped around the room.  Good times. 

I would probably tut at myself now. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I don't think it's close to GOT but that is a ridiculously high standard (ending excepted). 

Great series though. 

Vikings > TLK > GoT  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ender4 said:

Just finished Queen of the South S1 on Netflix.

Great fun series about a woman caught up in the Mexican drug cartels.

Sounds more like one of those behind the scenes football documentaries. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, sidcow said:

1ht8ov.jpg

OK, I'm stirring a bit. Objectively, I'm sure GoT has great production values and all that. I just prefer stuff that is at least attemptedly historical rather than dragony fantasy bollox (LotR being the sole exception that proves the rule). And GoT just seemed too much "tits'n'bums'n'violence for 15-year old boys who play World of Warcraft" for my taste. 

5 hours ago, mjmooney said:

GoT just seemed too much "tits'n'bums'n'violence(...)for my taste. 

confused ben wyatt GIF
Confused Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

Edited by El Zen
  • Haha 2

I really liked S1 of The Last Kingdom but I've tried twice to get going with S2 and stopped after a couple episodes. Just not feeling it.

Vikings I dropped halfway into S5.

Edited by sne

GoT at its peak is some of the best TV ever made, Battle of the bastards, red wedding, the door, mountain and the viper are all brilliant pieces of TV for different reasons

Hardhome is maybe 2nd to pine barrens IMO 

I think it almost got taken for granted and then couldn't live up to its own incredibly high standards 

Vikings I couldn't cope with ivarr, I get that they made him a dick on purpose but I really didn't like him or the actor and not in the way that I didn't like joffrey but thought the actor was incredible, ivarr was hammy as **** 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sne said:

Vikings I dropped halfway into S5.

Correct timing anyway. S1 to S4 were the essential ones, it did drop off after that. 

41 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Vikings I couldn't cope with ivarr, I get that they made him a dick on purpose but I really didn't like him or the actor 

I know what you mean. It's a pity, really, because historically speaking, Ivar was probably the most important Viking leader, at least as far as the English campaigns were concerned. 

• Like 1

Â