Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

5 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Not sure how to access that. I've not done the naughty thing in several years, I wouldn't even know where to begin now. 

I'm hoping as it's HBO it will be on Sky Atlantic over here.  It's more a reworking of an old episode than a new story.

Edited by sharkyvilla

2 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Last episode of The Boys was excellent.

Haven't caught the second series yet but the show (and comic) is excellent. You can tell Ennis has disdain for superheroes.

Worst thing about the show is Urbans' accent, and even that I've spun as either the character just being Australian or having spent a lot of time there, even if it's not true of the comic.

9 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Haven't caught the second series yet but the show (and comic) is excellent. You can tell Ennis has disdain for superheroes.

Worst thing about the show is Urbans' accent, and even that I've spun as either the character just being Australian or having spent a lot of time there, even if it's not true of the comic.

its purposefully shit for comic effect (at least that's how I take it) its not just the accent its the script and the whole persona is comically British and for me it works

I would say based on series 2 he has quite the disdain for modern US politics and media coverage too...

Criminal on Netflix.   A series set in a police interview room, really interesting programme.  The one about the pedophile vigilante was particularly intriguing.

Can't get into the foreign versions though. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

The speed with which shows are cancelled these days is pretty irritating, and I've realised that the main effect is putting me off starting many shows because I don't want to get emotionally invested.

I'm exactly the same. Spent 40 minutes earlier going through Netflix series, Googling them to see if they were well received and invariably seeing they were cancelled before their time. Didn't end up watching anything in the end. Doesn't help that there is so much content to trawl through and I'm indecisive.

• Like 1

3 eps in and I'm enjoying the start of The Haunting of Bly Manor.

There is a lot of things that are familiar so far compared to Haunting of Hill House (settings, lighting, type of story...) and due to that you know what to look for in some scenes when people act in a certain way. But it's still good and if you like me enjoy this type of stuff you'll probably like this too.

Don't see it living up to Hill House in the end but that's OK.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I'm exactly the same. Spent 40 minutes earlier going through Netflix series, Googling them to see if they were well received and invariably seeing they were cancelled before their time. Didn't end up watching anything in the end. Doesn't help that there is so much content to trawl through and I'm indecisive.

Don’t watch Netflix originals, they pretty much all get cancelled after 2 seasons.

Not so bad with series made by normal TV channels.

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Don’t watch Netflix originals, they pretty much all get cancelled after 2 seasons.

Not so bad with series made by normal TV channels.

An actor friend of mine said that Netflix commission one season but everyone involved is optioned for two. As such a successful show will be recommissioned for a second season as no pay rises are needed. If it’s still successful by the end of the second season, everyone involved will want a pay rise, making a third series unaffordable. Obviously there are some exceptions to that but it seems to be the way Netflix plan most of their shows. 

Watched "Ratched" episode one.

Well, part of it, too boring.

Switched to Cobra Kai which is OK even with the hugely telegraphed storylines.

Oh and yet again a TV show that portrays US schools to be full of bullies, pricks and words removed.

can anyone from over there tell me if this is actually true?

Because every single TV show or movie involving high school or college makes US kids out to be absolutely **** horrendous.

• Like 1

I have been rewatching A Touch of Cloth, after realising I never watched the last couple. It's Charlie Brooker at his best. There aren't many shows that can sustain such constant laughs for me, I love it.

"He's never been found dead before, so this is very out of character"

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Â