Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

8 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

sounded a bit too lost-esque for me. any good though? marks out of 10?

Watched three episodes. First two are great with the third dipping a little, maybe 7/10. You can see some of the reveals coming a mile off. 

• Thanks 1

Finished rewatching the first season of Dark. Thank god I did, I'd forgotten how complicated it was. But followed it far better this time around.

I'd also forgotten just how good it is!

Onto season 2 now. Couple of episodes in and it's picked up where it left off. Superb stuff

29 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Watched The Comey Rule yesterday. Thought it was interesting as someone who didn't really follow the story at the time.

Though, felt very one sided. 

Yup, same here. It was clearly very anti-Trump but still really interesting. If you take it as one side of the story it's a really good watch.

1 hour ago, coda said:

Is anyone watching The Third Day? It's unoriginal at times but has ambition and a certain flair. 

I’m two episodes in and I think it’s pretty decent! I’m interested to see where it goes. 

• Like 1

A gave up on The Third Day halfway into the 4th episode. It wasn't terrible but I just wasn't feeling it atm. Might return to it when all episodes are out but probably not as it was on a downward slope.

Just started on Warrior which is OK I guess. It's a story you've seen countless times before but in a different setting (1800's in San Francisco) based on Bruce Lee's writing so lots of stylish fighting which I find tedious. The acting is OK and it looks pretty nice but everyone is behaving and talking like modern day people which is a bit silly.

Seen comparisons to Peaky Blinders but that is IMO far off the mark as this show is no where close in any way. Still it's a 6/10 and probably more for those who like choreographed fighting.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, sne said:

A gave up on The Third Day halfway into the 4th episode. It wasn't terrible but I just wasn't feeling it atm. Might return to it when all episodes are out but probably not as it was on a downward slope.

Just started on Warrior which is OK I guess. It's a story you've seen countless times before but in a different setting (1800's in San Francisco) based on Bruce Lee's writing so lots of stylish fighting which I find tedious. The acting is OK and it looks pretty nice but everyone is behaving and talking like modern day people which is a bit silly.

Seen comparisons to Peaky Blinders but that is IMO far off the mark as this show is no where close in any way. Still it's a 6/10 and probably more for those who like choreographed fighting.

I thought S1 of Warrior was ace. 

Not sure where the Peaky Blinders comparison has come from, it’s nothing like it, other than it’s set in the past! 

It’s from the same people that did Banshee and it’s way more comparable to that to be honest. 

Really looking forward to S2 starting in a couple of weeks. 

2 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

I thought S1 of Warrior was ace. 

Not sure where the Peaky Blinders comparison has come from, it’s nothing like it, other than it’s set in the past! 

It’s from the same people that did Banshee and it’s way more comparable to that to be honest. 

Really looking forward to S2 starting in a couple of weeks. 

Different strokes I guess. For me it'd OK but nothing special. And it's dragged down for me by to many fight scenes as I find them tedious.

But it's an upgrade on that Shanghai Noon flick with Jackie Chan :D 

• Haha 1

On 27/09/2020 at 05:39, TheAuthority said:

Ted Lasso.

Hated the previews. Hate the premise. But, right now, at this time,  trying to ignore the US election and the climate catastrophe happening in front of our eyes....

it's very sweet and almost... poignant.  It's a story about a man who's kindness melts everyone's hatred and cynicism. It's a show to I am glad to watch right now. Thanks to Jason  Sudeikes and the folks that made it.

Couldn’t agree more. I’d given it the swerve as I just knew how awful it was going to be but I’ve binged the whole thing in two days and loved every minute of it. Heartfelt, silly, sweet and daft. 

Also, I now understand why there was so much film&tv crew around a while back. All filmed just down the road from me. 

Edited by choffer
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Safe - Netflix,  really really good.  

Don't know why I missed it,  I thought it was American but its set in the UK.

The guy who played Dexter is in it.

8/10 (Might be a nine as I still have 1 episode to go).

I thought this was pretty decent too

• Thanks 1

Final series of Glow cancelled by Netflix due to Covid 😢😢😢

started Temple last night - Mark Strong is typically good but the more I see of him, I’m more convinced Danny Mays has the best agent in the business.

How does he get so much work??? 

9 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Safe - Netflix,  really really good.  

Don't know why I missed it,  I thought it was American but its set in the UK.

The guy who played Dexter is in it.

8/10 (Might be a nine as I still have 1 episode to go).

Decent show that although I think it lost it's way towards the end.

Seems it's going to be on Channel 5 shortly for anyone who doesn't have Netflix (if there's anyone left)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Final series of Glow cancelled by Netflix due to Covid 😢😢😢

started Temple last night - Mark Strong is typically good but the more I see of him, I’m more convinced Danny Mays has the best agent in the business.

How does he get so much work??? 

I really like Danny Mays but my god Code404, how the hell has that got a second series. 

• Like 1

Â