Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It was hilarious. Bowie :crylaugh:

Especially after saying that Bowie had such a beautiful slim face and then the cake looked like a an overweight wrestler after his 1000th bout.

Freddie Mercury was more Frank Sidebottom!

I thought Matt Lucas did well for his first show.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It was hilarious. Bowie :crylaugh:

Bowie looked like a dead Frankenstein's monster in Ziggy Stardust make up.

The Jamaican poet looked like ET's nan.

The Lupita Nyongo'o was straight from the nightmare realm, looked like something rejected from Nightmare Before Christmas for disturbing the kids too much.

As pointed out by a lot of people the Chris Hoy looked like a sex doll take on a cyclist.

The Grauniad has a great ranking of each.

I have a real soft spot for this cake. Does it look like the real Freddie Mercury? No. But does it look like Freddie Mercury if Freddie Mercury was a Pokemon with breasts? Yes. And for that reason I’m in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Chindie said:

Bowie looked like a dead Frankenstein's monster in Ziggy Stardust make up.

The Jamaican poet looked like ET's nan.

The Lupita Nyongo'o was straight from the nightmare realm, looked like something rejected from Nightmare Before Christmas for disturbing the kids too much.

As pointed out by a lot of people the Chris Hoy looked like a sex doll take on a cyclist.

The Grauniad has a great ranking of each.

Lupita was extra funny because the dress was amazing, and then the face was horiffic

Surprised by the person who went. Thought there were people worse than them

On 19/09/2020 at 22:46, Chindie said:

Watching ITV's 3 part drama about the arrest of Dennis Nilsen, Des. First episode very good and very accurate to what actually happened. Tennant is scarily good as Nilsen, getting his mannerisms bang on. Kinda scary that a bloke who had killed and then kept the bodies of 15 men, when asked how many bodies he had at a time, 'I dunno, I didn't take a stock check'.

Watched all three last night back to back with the Mrs, very good and pretty much how I recall it from when it happened as a teenager with great interest as I had a sense of the macabre about me back then. One thing I did notice is the amount of smoking portrayed in the dramatization, never seen so many people fagging it in one programme before, obviously back then a lot more people smoked but never remember it being quite so prolific

Edited by Follyfoot

9 episodes into Raised by Wolves and it's frankly pretty boring. Don't care about the story and the guy from Vikings playing the exact same character in the exact same way is not working for the series.

Same with S2 of The Boys, lots of things happening but still boring. A bit of gore and some shock value but it's just boring.

About to start on ep 1 of the American version of Utopia but it's been absolutely slated so I'm not sure it's worth the bother.

Edited by sne

Tried the first few episodes of Ratchet.

Great cast, looks incredible but ultimately it's just a bit dull. It's main problem for me is the lack of definite identity. It seems to sway unevenly between drama, horror and sometimes comedy and none of the elements seem to work.

Suppose it's like they always say, don't **** with the classics.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Great cast, looks incredible but ultimately it's just a bit dull. It's main problem for me is the lack of definite identity. It seems to sway unevenly between drama, horror and sometimes comedy and none of the elements seem to work.

Thought the same, it has no idea what it wants to be.

After a couple of episodes of Ratchet I tried the US remake of Utopia. Quite like it so far. Doesn't quite have the same spark the UK series did. 

16 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I’ve stuck with it, onto episode 4 and quite enjoying it but I understand what you’re saying. 

On 22/09/2020 at 07:46, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I really enjoy it so far 8/10.  The way it's filmed is brilliant and it really does look like a really old film from that time. (Hair / makeup / clothes all brilliantly done)

The main actors are excellent also.

Also,  remember the terrorist woman from "Who dares wins",  she's in it.

Sarah Paulson,  she is fantastic.  Both the acting and the character in the series.

I loved Sarah Paulson in Deadwood. The way she said, " feck me, Silas". 

• Like 1

Ted Lasso.

Hated the previews. Hate the premise. But, right now, at this time,  trying to ignore the US election and the climate catastrophe happening in front of our eyes....

it's very sweet and almost... poignant.  It's a story about a man who's kindness melts everyone's hatred and cynicism. It's a show to I am glad to watch right now. Thanks to Jason  Sudeikes and the folks that made it.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, PieFacE said:

The new Utopia is starting to get quite shit now. Started off okay but meh.

The original was class, but i watched the trailer for this and instantly thought ‘nah’ 

• Like 1

Â