Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

21 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Im still waiting the next season of Billions to start. 

Seven episodes have aired, then either it was the ridiculous mid-season break, or they stopped filming due to the viruszzzzzzz.

I've saved those episodes to watch when the other five have aired.

I've moved back to "Dark"

Watched the first series when it first came out but I'm rewatching it because it was so hard to follow, and from what I've heard season 2 and 3 get even more complicated. So I knew if I didn't rewatch the first I'd have no idea what was happening.

I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed it! Can't wait to get on to season 2 and 3

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I've moved back to "Dark"

Watched the first series when it first came out but I'm rewatching it because it was so hard to follow, and from what I've heard season 2 and 3 get even more complicated. So I knew if I didn't rewatch the first I'd have no idea what was happening.

I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed it! Can't wait to get on to season 2 and 3

Don't worry about being lost right up towards the end of series 3, it all comes together at the end.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Don't worry about being lost right up towards the end of series 3, it all comes together at the end.

Had to give up on it half way through the first series as had not a scooby as to what was going on, is it worth ploughing on with it in a state of mild to middling confusion ?

Same with Westworld series 2, what the eck was all that about

14 minutes ago, darrenm said:

I accidentally missed the last but one episode of season 3. It made no difference.

7 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Had to give up on it half way through the first series as had not a scooby as to what was going on, is it worth ploughing on with it in a state of mild to middling confusion ?

Yes, but...

season three will confuse the **** out of you.

Season three only needed to be about four episodes at the very most. The rest is twaddle until the end.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I think with most of these modern scifi series, it's assumed you'll be watching YouTube explainers or be very invested in working out the details. I'd definitely say yes but pay attention or watch end of series YouTube explainers.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, darrenm said:

I think with most of these modern scifi series, it's assumed you'll be watching YouTube explainers or be very invested in working out the details. I'd definitely say yes but pay attention or watch end of series YouTube explainers.

If I have to watch a YouTube explainer video to break down what I've just watched then I'm tapping out.

Yes Westworld, I mean you. I had no desire to watch season 2 after doing all the first series. Different timelines my arse.

Edited by stuart_75
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

If I have to watch a YouTube explainer video to break down what I've just watched then I'm tapping out.

Yes Westworld, I mean you. I had no desire to watch season 2 after doing all the first series. Different timelines my arse.

Quite enjoyed the first series as it goes (I think, got most of it until the last couple of episodes)  , got to the start of the 2nd series and after about 5 minutes me and the Mrs just turned at each other and went WTF !!!

The film is a far easier watch

Someone on here recommended "Kingdom". It's pretty good actually.

I'm not a fan of MMA but the show is full of violence, bad language and shagging. What's not to like?

• Like 2

On 27/09/2020 at 15:18, sne said:

Mini-series The Comey Rule is out today. It's blatantly anti Trump so it's gotten only 1's and 10's on IMDB so no idea if it's any good.

Only 2 ep's so I'll at least give it a try.

The Comey Rule Poster

Having watched it now I can say it's really quite good. Take it as truth, fiction, fake news or anything in between it's still a really interesting watch.

I happen to think a lot of it is pretty close to the truth so was right up my ally. I get why someone who is pro-Trump would want to believe or pretend it's all lies of course and that's why it has so many 1/10 on IMDB.

I'd say it's a strong 8/10

• Like 2

On 27/09/2020 at 05:39, TheAuthority said:

Ted Lasso.

Hated the previews. Hate the premise. But, right now, at this time,  trying to ignore the US election and the climate catastrophe happening in front of our eyes....

it's very sweet and almost... poignant.  It's a story about a man who's kindness melts everyone's hatred and cynicism. It's a show to I am glad to watch right now. Thanks to Jason  Sudeikes and the folks that made it.

Already posted about it upthread. Really shit concept, in fact "on paper" there's little to make me want to watch it at all but...

I've watched every episode so far and genuinely laughed out loud a fair few times.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Someone on here recommended "Kingdom". It's pretty good actually.

I'm not a fan of MMA but the show is full of violence, bad language and shagging. What's not to like?

Halfway through season 2 and enjoying it as my disengage brain programme 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Binge watching "Good Girls" at the moment.  The presence of Hendricks always helps, but it's a cracking show regardless.

its good! one of those to suggest to the missus but definitely good enough to enjoy yourself

im currently half way through orange is the new black with the other half, made it to the end of season 5 before then walked away, I can see why but should finish it this time

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

its good! one of those to suggest to the missus but definitely good enough to enjoy yourself

im currently half way through orange is the new black with the other half, made it to the end of season 5 before then walked away, I can see why but should finish it this time

We got through to the end of OITNB and it was worth it.  Definitely goes flat but picks up again towards the end.

• Like 1

Â