Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Banshee is so shit. But I have to agree with VT, it's very entertaining!

The OH and I have two favourite games while we watch it.

1. Spot the person Hood is going to have a fight with this week (and ultimately get battered but come back at the last minute and win the fight)

2. How many minutes will pass before we see a fully exposed breast (this has been less than one minute on a number of occasions)

You forgot

3. How many minutes til Job says "muthafucker" ;)

• Like 2

On 08/09/2020 at 23:35, bickster said:

Anyone watched any of Ted Lasso yet? It’s a really shit concept, over the top acted but I have genuinely laughed out loud at least a couple of times each episode so far 

Yes, I'm definitely picking up the 'so bad it's good' vibes from that trailer.

• Like 1

watched the 3 episodes* of the boys season 2

feels like somethings missing to me, doesn't feel as fresh (obviously) and as a result not as witty, the homelander stuff really hasn't worked, needs more black noir and Hughie seems like a right dislikeable annoying ****, not sure if its because im watching it after the wife's gone to bed so really late, that said the whale scene even though id seen it on the trailer still made me chuckle, happy to watch it but im not sat here now craving the next episode, I've watched the 3 episodes in 4 nights so not feeling the need to blast through them

*when did amazon decide that was a good idea? all or nothing is the same

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

feels like somethings missing to me, doesn't feel as fresh (obviously) and as a result not as witty, the homelander stuff really hasn't worked, needs more black noir and Hughie seems like a right dislikeable annoying ****, not sure if its because im watching it after the wife's gone to bed so really late, that said the whale scene even though id seen it on the trailer still made me chuckle, happy to watch it but im not sat here now craving the next episode, I've watched the 3 episodes in 4 nights so not feeling the need to blast through them

Same as, was really looking forward to this after season one but very underwhelming in general 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Disappointing. I've not watched any of season 2 yet and was really looking forward to it.

1 hour ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Disappointing. I've not watched any of season 2 yet and was really looking forward to it.

its still worth watching, it just doesn't seem to have hit the heights yet, after season 1 if you asked me what the best thing on AP was id have said the boys without hesitation whereas this season seems to have dropped down a level

11 minutes ago, Bizzzle said:

I think season 2 of the Boys has been great so far. On par with the 1st for me. My only gripe with the show is Karl Urban's horrifically bad English accent 

I've really enjoyed it too.

My only real gripe is The Deep's storyline which seems pretty pointless (at this stage).

The new addition to 'The Seven' is great - really enjoyed her so far.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bizzzle said:

My only gripe with the show is Karl Urban's horrifically bad English accent 

Its so bad, that its actually funny. I wouldn't want it any other way now.

Edited by stuart_75
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bizzzle said:

I think season 2 of the Boys has been great so far. On par with the 1st for me. My only gripe with the show is Karl Urban's horrifically bad English accent 

I never even realised he was supposed to be English 😂

I vaguely remember someone referring to him as English in season 1 but I assumed that was a joke about Americans not being able to tell the difference!

I thought S1 of The Boys was OK but not amazing and so far S2 is more of the same. It's OK.

The superhero trope isn't really my thing I'm mostly watching because of the hype and lack of other stuff currently.

35 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I never even realised he was supposed to be English 😂

I vaguely remember someone referring to him as English in season 1 but I assumed that was a joke about Americans not being able to tell the difference!

Karl Urban is actually from New Zealand and occasionally you can hear his native accent breaking through.

He is still probably my favorite character on the show despite his dodgy accent 

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

2. How many minutes will pass before we see a fully exposed breast (this has been less than one minute on a number of occasions)

Sign of an excellent show. 

Â