Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

13 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Finally god round to The Witcher. Knowing nothing of the character/game or book beforehand. 
It was weird to start off with, took me a while to work out we were on different timelines and they didn’t help by having the characters not age. 
Grew into itself the more it went on and when the timelines were closer together. 
Will probably watch season 2, when it’s out. But then I wouldn’t be overly upset if cancelled 

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This may sound like a daft question but would you have had to have seen Karate Kid to watch Cobra Kai? 

The first one is essential to Cobra Kai the two sequels, not so much. 

the first karate kid is also on Netflix 

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

This may sound like a daft question but would you have had to have seen Karate Kid to watch Cobra Kai? 

Watch First Three before watching Cobra Kai.

Then you will get it more.

Also watchj Next Karate Kid with Jilary Swank came out 1994.

She's going reprise her characterr of Julie Pierce in a later season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

The first one is essential to Cobra Kai the two sequels, not so much. 

The 3 Producer's Jon Hurwitz, Josh Heald and Hayden Schlossberg have said any character from Mr Miyagi's universe inc Next Karate KId (1994) will be potentially in Cobra Kai

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’ve seen them all many time when I was a kid but the missus hasn’t even heard of it. 

Maybe no point watching it together then.

I watched it two year's ago on Youtube Red with my fiancee she's never seen any of the Karate Kid films, she absolutely loved it

She's now watched all 4 Karate Kid films after Season 1 & 2 of Cobra Kai and loves the films too.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Great show but hate when they drip feed episodes or split seasons in half. 

Probably due to my age I prefer one episode a week for the duration so you can look forward to the next one and maybe watch the previous one again to see if you missed anything. No sure I like the 'got to have have it now instantly' culture but I qualify for a ballpoint pen with my no medical life insurance policy so my view is probably not very relevant 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

Probably due to my age I prefer one episode a week for the duration so you can look forward to the next one and maybe watch the previous one again to see if you missed anything. No sure I like the 'got to have have it now instantly' culture but I qualify for a ballpoint pen with my no medical life insurance policy so my view is probably not very relevant 

I’m with you.

constantly watching about 6/7 different shows and I watch one episode a week of each. Makes the good stuff last 👍

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

One episode a week and only 4 channels is what I grew up with but it feels weird now as I'm used to having whole shows available and being able to get through several episodes at a time, at my own pace and whenever I want. There's so much choice nowadays I can be very picky with shows and having limited time it's nice to blitz a show I like when I do actually have free time. Also find watching an episode having just watched another one that it's all fresh and you can feel the flow better without starting and stopping. Each to their own though. 

It's more then new trend to split seasons that annoys me. I can live with one a week as I'll wait for it all to be uploaded, but then having to wait ages for the season to end as they've had a break is frustrating. 

Edited by Rds1983
Edit
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

I’m with you.

constantly watching about 6/7 different shows and I watch one episode a week of each. Makes the good stuff last 👍

With their being so much available now I can often miss shows and then having a box set helps with catching up. Community and Parks and Recreation are great examples as we only really found out about them when they were added to Netflix and have been able to get through all of it now whilst going back to rewatch various episodes. Very tempted to watch them all again someday and having boxsets to stream makes this easier than recording it all or buying DVDs. 

• Like 1

Cobra Kai would lose nearly all its magic if you can’t relate it back to the films.

Its good but extremely cheesey, which is fine because it’s very self aware and pokes fun at itself.  Without the original films as a reference point and the nostalgia factor I think it would be very meh.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

late to the party but started watching 24 for the first time. how people in the early 00s managed to wait a whole week between episodes i'll never know.

24 episodes would take nearly half a year too.  Nuts when you think about it now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

late to the party but started watching 24 for the first time. how people in the early 00s managed to wait a whole week between episodes i'll never know.

Stressful viewing as well! 

On 04/09/2020 at 16:39, sharkyvilla said:

They released the cast from their contracts unfortunately, unless they can do it without David Fincher I'd be surprised if they do another season.  At least not for a long time, it seemed an age for them to bring out the second season.  I love the programme though.  Theyve got the film Zodiac on Netflix at the mo which is in a similar vein and worth a watch.

I was so annoyed that got cancelled. I hope there's another one, but I assume it'll never line up.

Â