Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I was so annoyed that got cancelled. I hope there's another one, but I assume it'll never line up.

Reading online they have not ruled out revisiting it at a later date so just have to hope that is sooner rather than later. I would imagine it would make sense as I can imagine the viewing figures would’ve been very good

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

24 episodes would take nearly half a year too.  Nuts when you think about it now.

And when you got the odd poor episode you’d be livid that you’d waited a whole week for it 😂

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

And when you got the odd poor episode you’d be livid that you’d waited a whole week for it 😂

Just like Lost. 

You'd have a cracking episode, ended on a real cliffhanger. Next weeks episode would be about something else completely

7oJs5c4.jpeg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So for me the greats are GOT, Sopranos, the wire and just about Breaking bad.

Is there anything at the level of these shows i may not have seen? I hear Mad Men and the west wing could be up there?

I don't like Mad Men but The West Wing is probably my favourite show of all time.  I'm working my way through The Wire at the moment, **** me it's good.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Xela said:

Just like Lost. 

You'd have a cracking episode, ended on a real cliffhanger. Next weeks episode would be about something else completely

7oJs5c4.jpeg

That seems to be the formula for a lot of the US network TV shows.  The Walking Dead was always a right bugger for it.

Didn't apply to 24 as much as due to the real time format it couldn’t really avoid a perilous situation as everything had to be chronological.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Is there anything at the level of these shows i may not have seen? I hear Mad Men and the west wing could be up there?

Sopranos, The Wire, and BB are right up there as the best ever. 

I reckon Chernobyl, Band of Brothers, True Detective and Fargo are up there.

Game of Thrones can get to ****. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Sopranos, The Wire, and BB are right up there as the best ever. 

I reckon Chernobyl, Band of Brothers, True Detective and Fargo are up there.

Game of Thrones can get to ****. 

Game of thrones is amazing! Last season aside.

Enjoyed Chernobyl and Fargo. Thought true detective was overrated . Need to watch Band of Brothers.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Game of thrones is amazing! Last season aside.

I have to disagree. The first 5 were amazing. 6 was meh, 7 was a disgrace, and 8 was a **** abomination. The last half just shit all over the legacy that ought to have been there based on the books and the first few seasons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I have to disagree. The first 5 were amazing. 6 was meh, 7 was a disgrace, and 8 was a **** abomination. The last half just shit all over the legacy that ought to have been there based on the books and the first few seasons.

I have to admit I struggle to remember a lot of 6 and 7. But 5 amazing seasons is still impressive.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Anyone watching soccer aid? 
Robbie Keane is one of those player that you think could do a job riggt into his 40’s. Always oozes quality. Just curled in a nice goal.

Never got over us not signing him for 6m. He would have made us a top 4 club at the time. Anyway going way off topic.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Xela said:

Just like Lost. 

7oJs5c4.jpeg

These kind of episodes - no matter the show - always started and ended with the wife and I singing "'Cause this is filler, filler night" followed by a really bad attempt at the dance

One day we might grow up....

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Xela said:

Just like Lost. 

7oJs5c4.jpeg

X-Files started this trend. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The Americans, maybe? Truth be told I only watched the first couple of seasons and then it moved channels so missed out on the rest and for whatever reason never got round to following it up.

I remember thinking it was pretty damn good. The impression I get is that Homeland got all the attention, but The Americans was more consistent. Probably not quite on the level of the ones you’ve mentioned, but if you’ve not watched it before, I’d say it’s worth a go. I will hopefully revisit it and finally finish it one day.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

The Americans, maybe? Truth be told I only watched the first couple of seasons and then it moved channels so missed out on the rest and for whatever reason never got round to following it up.

I remember thinking it was pretty damn good. The impression I get is that Homeland got all the attention, but The Americans was more consistent. Probably not quite on the level of the ones you’ve mentioned, but if you’ve not watched it before, I’d say it’s worth a go. I will hopefully revisit it and finally finish it one day.

Wasn’t a fan of homeland. Couldn’t get past the first season. 

I’ll check out The Americas. Thanks.

after GOT, Sopranos, the wire you go mini series for me, band of brothers, Chernobyl

the second tier (say 8/10) has an awful lot in it though, fargo, stranger things, the americans, six feet under, making a murderer, the leftovers, boardwalk empire, rome, mad men, narcos, when they see us, the night of, Ozark, dark

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Wasn’t a fan of homeland. Couldn’t get past the first season. 

I’ll check out The Americas. Thanks.

First 2 seasons of Homeland was ace!

Designated Survivor is decent, especially the first season. 

• Like 2

Â