Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I've finally got through every episode of Morse, Lewis and Endeavour. Fantastic. 

Endeavour is really good but they do stretch the believability of the storylines. KGB plots, shootouts in Venice, etc. At least in Morse and Lewis it was usually just a college Don being bumped off because he was up to no good!

Morse will always be my favourite because of John Thaw, but all the leads (Shaun Evans, Roger Allam, Kevin Whateley and Laurence Fox) are all great. 

Kind of sad i've got through them all! 

• Like 1

Blasted through season 2 of Manhunt. This one about the 96 Atlanta Olympic bomber.

Totally missed when this came out earlier in the year. It's an interesting story and a lot of it I didn't know or didn't remember.

Solid enough 10 episodes series worth a watch. 7/10.

Manhunt Poster

8 minutes ago, sne said:

Blasted through season 2 of Manhunt. This one about the 96 Atlanta Olympic bomber.

Totally missed when this came out earlier in the year. It's an interesting story and a lot of it I didn't know or didn't remember.

Manhunt Poster

Is this from the same team that produced Manhunt-Unabomber.  ?

2 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

Is this from the same team that produced Manhunt-Unabomber.  ?

Yeah 1 was the Unabomber but I'm not sure if it was the same people who were involved. 

S1 felt like it had a higher budget from what I remember.

3 minutes ago, Bizzzle said:

Three episodes in and I’m done with lovecraft country! Just not my sort of thing 

I wasn't sure if I should bother watching Ep3, don't think I'll bother, it didn't feel very Lovecraft-ian. The wife and I have been binge watching Cobra Kai - we're into S2 and I think it has been the booze thats kept me on the sofa watching it.

11 hours ago, sne said:

Manhunt Poster

This is the sequel to the Unabomber one?

Didn't even know a sequel existed. I'll check this out!

Edit: Sorry just realised you were asked the same thing above. Cheers!

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

This is the sequel to the Unabomber one?

Didn't even know a sequel existed. I'll check this out!

Yup, same here, had no idea.

It's not amazing but I liked it anyway. Lots to the story I had no idea about.

On 30/08/2020 at 21:40, Xela said:

I've finally got through every episode of Morse, Lewis and Endeavour. Fantastic. 

Endeavour is really good but they do stretch the believability of the storylines. KGB plots, shootouts in Venice, etc. At least in Morse and Lewis it was usually just a college Don being bumped off because he was up to no good!

Morse will always be my favourite because of John Thaw, but all the leads (Shaun Evans, Roger Allam, Kevin Whateley and Laurence Fox) are all great. 

Kind of sad i've got through them all! 

Shaun Evans is excellent.

Fox is decent enough as an actor but boy is he an insufferable prick as a human being.

On 29/08/2020 at 18:41, jim said:

I can highly recommend Kingdom on Netflix ( The Frank Grillo one). Up there with the Wire for me.

Fantastic series, Shame it ended after 3 seasons because nobody watched it first time around. Getting a lot of love on Netflix though and there’s talk of another season. 

Just started season 3, after happening across it on Netflix, think it’s absolutely brilliant.

Makes you wonder how many gems are out there which just didn’t get on bigger networks and/or get the audience it warranted.

• Like 1

On 29/08/2020 at 18:41, jim said:

I can highly recommend Kingdom on Netflix ( The Frank Grillo one). Up there with the Wire for me.

Fantastic series, Shame it ended after 3 seasons because nobody watched it first time around. Getting a lot of love on Netflix though and there’s talk of another season. 

Just started watching this after seeing your recommendation. Its great!

• Like 1

Â