Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

3 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

The Traitors

Hide contents

The irony of Mollie telling Jaz to get stuff out in the open while keeping the fact she saw Harry get the shield a secret...beggars belief.

I think Harry's cockiness will end up costing him.

I hope you are right, too cocky by half

• Like 1

On 17/01/2024 at 17:09, sne said:

Finished s4 of For All Mankind. It's really not bad, they manage to have a working alternate history about the space race and it's still solid after 4 seasons. I kinda like the idea that you could see it as a prequel to The Expanse (it's not) .

Apparently they are aiming for 7 seasons 

Been thinking about viewing this one as I absolutely love The Expanse. Worth it?

9 hours ago, osmark86 said:

Been thinking about viewing this one as I absolutely love The Expanse. Worth it?

Yeah i think so. Although it's nothing like the Expanse (yet) . This one is the start of the space race on earth and up to present day. But alternate history so things change.

Give it a go.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tom13 said:

The Traitors

Hide contents

The irony of Mollie telling Jaz to get stuff out in the open while keeping the fact she saw Harry get the shield a secret...beggars belief.

Pauls arrogance cost him eventually, and I think the same may soon happen to Harry now... although I want him to win.

Big ol’ caveat to begin with.

I have not watched The Traitors. Any of it.

Despite that, they way I see it being discussed on here, the way I see it being discussed elsewhere in the media, it seems like it would be the natural successor to take the mantle from The Apprentice in the “reality show that requires its own thread on VT” stakes.

Not that I’m bothered either way, I don’t often appear in this thread. But I don’t know, it seems to provoke a comparable, enthusiastic vibe. The water cooler chat, as it were.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 1

On 16/01/2024 at 17:29, Jonesy7211 said:

Really, really, really disappointed by the first episode of true detective season 4. The dialogue is hammy and spoon feeds the audience like you would an infant, a dancing ghost gets you further into the story, and the music is awful. I really hope it improves.

The only good thing is Jodie Foster, but some of her exposition is awful.

I'm not going to labour a point as I don't want to spoil anything. All I'll say is that it's not quite as bad as season 2, but that's not a high bar.

Also a bit disappointed that the two leads are essentially the same character, just different ages. Both strong, clever, capable, and dour characters. No Marty and Rust combination 😔

I liked it, liked the difference between the two characters (and I guess between what they're meant to represent, one the older societies and the brutal, emotion based mysticism and the other the modern world, clipped, controlled and on the surface at least logical and organised). The whole ghost and mystic element is I realise very much a marmite thing and I think this series is pitched somewhere between Series 1 and Twin Peaks, but that in itself doesn't make it bad TV.

I thought the mood was excellent, I think the cinematography is really good and the music is excellent, it'll be interesting to see if they can add some flesh to the characters and keep the story interesting without it becoming too fantastical.

Anyways, I liked it and i'm looking forward to the next one.

• Like 2

Netflix's gritty British detective drama Fool Me Once has been getting pushed quite heavily, so we gave the first couple of episodes a go, what a load of irredeemable shite, from the clichéd script to the dreadful acting.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, osmark86 said:

Yeah, it's good. Season one in particular I loved, but it does stretch credulity a bit after that. Well, in fact even in the first season really. But it's enjoyable far-fetched nonsense.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Came across Loudermilk. Really enjoying it and surprised I’d never heard of it.

Me too. Onto about episode 4 so far. There’s 3 series apparently. It must have only *just* appeared on Netflix?!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Tom13 said:

The Traitors

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Not only that,  but urging all chats to be out in the open, and work as a team. Erm love, there’s 2 traitors out there too 

• Thanks 1

On 18/01/2024 at 22:11, mykeyb said:

It really shouldn't be my cup of tea but I'm hooked. It's genius TV

Yep, it’s got me gripped and I really am the don’t watch much TV person, let alone this style of programme

Last week I made a joke about “gripping reality TV” being an oxymoron.  A couple of days later the missus wanted to watch it so I begrudgingly relented and put it on.  A week later I’ve smashed through all 21 episodes and am completely hooked.  

19 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Netflix's gritty British detective drama Fool Me Once has been getting pushed quite heavily, so we gave the first couple of episodes a go, what a load of irredeemable shite, from the clichéd script to the dreadful acting.

Keegan

Spoiler

, a tough X forces type,  getting **** up by the baby sitter did it for me, frustrating to say the least

especially as the evidence she took would have solved the whole drama after 20 minutes

Tbh I'm sick of these dramas that are  being filled with middle to upper class actors playing gritty parts with accents  that wouldn't be out of place In Buckingham Palace serving tea.

Give us some grit , give us an accent or 2 , 90% of the UK speak with one and all the best dramas seem to have them. 

Edited by tinker
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Davkaus said:

it was ok. just really nothing special and certainly not deserving of its hype. these dramas just end up getting so ridiculous it's hard to take them seriously

22 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I liked it, liked the difference between the two characters (and I guess between what they're meant to represent, one the older societies and the brutal, emotion based mysticism and the other the modern world, clipped, controlled and on the surface at least logical and organised). The whole ghost and mystic element is I realise very much a marmite thing and I think this series is pitched somewhere between Series 1 and Twin Peaks, but that in itself doesn't make it bad TV.

I thought the mood was excellent, I think the cinematography is really good and the music is excellent, it'll be interesting to see if they can add some flesh to the characters and keep the story interesting without it becoming too fantastical.

Anyways, I liked it and i'm looking forward to the next one.

The mood and location were very good. The start of the 3 months of darkness is very much a metaphor for what the case will undoubtedly bring.

It's interesting that we've very different opinions of the leads, and I see where you're coming from. With the character similarities though I do think it's set up on purpose for the younger lead to eventually take over from the older.

I really don't agree on the music though. Billie Eilish theme? No thanks. The background music is just a little too much, too "jumpy", for my liking. Just my opinion though.

I will watch the next few episodes though, as I so much want to like this.

• Like 1

Caught the second episode of the new Gladiators. Done a lot of things right with regards to living up to the original, wish they'd kept the original theme though, and Bradley Walsh needs a female co-presenter. I thought it was fun and a good nostalgia trip, but my seven year old absolutely loved it and is totally obsessed now

Â