Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

7 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Bosch Legacy Season 2 was great as always. Nice to see Lance Reddick get in one last "**** Bosch" as well.

Don't know why but I just couldn't get into Bosch Legacy. Love the original. 

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

Don't know why but I just couldn't get into Bosch Legacy. Love the original. 

Maybe there was something slightly off about it at first IIRC but then it quickly just becomes Bosch except (not a spoiler for you but perhaps for the original series)

Spoiler

he's not in the police

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

Maybe there was something slightly off about it at first IIRC but then it quickly just becomes Bosch except (not a spoiler for you but perhaps for the original series)

Reveal hidden contents

he's not in the police

I think that I struggled with the increased focus on some of the other characters with Bosch taking a bit of a back seat.

Spoiler

Maddie going into being a basic cop never felt like the right choice, especially after the issues Boach had with the force/politics at the end.

Legacy or not. Felt she was more destined to be a lawyer or maybe FBI or something. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I think that I struggled with the increased focus on some of the other characters with Bosch taking a bit of a back seat.

Hide contents

Maddie going into being a basic cop never felt like the right choice, especially after the issues Boach had with the force/politics at the end.

Legacy or not. Felt she was more destined to be a lawyer or maybe FBI or something. 

S2 seemed Bosch-centric. Commenting on your spoiler would only lead to potential spoilers for you.

Just read they have announced S3 and two spin offs, one about (and I'm being careful here because it's an existing character)

Spoiler

Jerry Edgar

and one about Renee Ballard from the books (not been in the TV series).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Reveal hidden contents

he's not in the police

image.png.50f0895aa7aac67610ab7daebdc97155.png

BOSH ! 

Edited by Follyfoot

5 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

S2 seemed Bosch-centric. 

Honestly I was so disappointed by the first one I wasn't even going to bother watching, so I'm glad you posted this, I'll give it a go.

Just now, Davkaus said:

Honestly I was so disappointed by the first one I wasn't even going to bother watching, so I'm glad you posted this, I'll give it a go.

Oh no, I feel the weight of responsibility now.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Bosch Legacy Season 2 was great as always. Nice to see Lance Reddick get in one last "**** Bosch" as well.

This x100. Great to see Lance make an appearance in the last episode. Such a great loss.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Decided to rewatch the masterpiece that is season 1 of True Detective. In my opinion, even including all their movie roles, I don't think WH or MM have given better performances than they did in TD. Rarely do you find a show where every scene is utterly absorbing. 

I've just started watching this for the first time. Only a couple of episodes in, and really enjoying it, but I think it's the first show in English that I've felt the need for subtitles. Can barely understand a **** word :D 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I've just started watching this for the first time. Only a couple of episodes in, and really enjoying it, but I think it's the first show in English that I've felt the need for subtitles. Can barely understand a **** word :D 

I get that totally. In fact, I have subtitles on most shows I watch. 

Everything about TD season 1 is just genius. The atmosphere, the characters and the way everything just blends into creating such a fascinating story, there's nothing else like it.

I'm not sure what it is about True Detective S1 that makes it so magical, but it's hugely unlikely to be recreated. 

However, Season 4 of TD has been very good so far. Enjoying it a lot. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

Â