General Chat

Stevo985

28 minutes ago, Genie said:

Same here, I’ve got a load of stuff waiting to be delivered.

I’m sure the Royal Mail staff will be able to quickly make up their losses from striking with a few hours overtime. 

Not where im at! They are pretty useless here unfortunately so slow and lose a lot of post

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Same here, I’ve got a load of stuff waiting to be delivered.

I’m sure the Royal Mail staff will be able to quickly make up their losses from striking with a few hours overtime. 

Unless we get snow - they don't cope well with that in a normal December.

• Like 1

On 30/11/2022 at 13:39, bickster said:

Some people are going to lose their shit over this

vh99bdgahl2a1.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

Reveal hidden contents

Yes, KFC have opened their first ever pub in Hammersmith

I imagine one or two are going to lose their lunch, as well.

• Haha 1

Off to Christmas drinks soon. Predominately men and haven’t got a clue what’s happening in the World Cup so if chat turns to that I am screwed. Assuming England are out, Germany are striding towards a final and Italy are favourites. Anything else I can pass off as top knowledge?

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Off to Christmas drinks soon. Predominately men and haven’t got a clue what’s happening in the World Cup so if chat turns to that I am screwed. Assuming England are out, Germany are striding towards a final and Italy are favourites. Anything else I can pass off as top knowledge?

Chat turned to this and I spat these facts at them. I was shunned as a result. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Chat turned to this and I spat these facts at them. I was shunned as a result. 

Being popular is overrated. 

• Like 1

Apparently we are in advanced talks to return the Elgin Marcle to Greece. 

Not sure why they are so obsessed with some small glass balls from Scotland but hey ho. 

22 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Apparently we are in advanced talks to return the Elgin Marcle to Greece. 

Not sure why they are so obsessed with some small glass balls from Scotland but hey ho. 

Right so, hear me out... We give back all the stuff in the British Museum, right... And then you've got this big building in central London that's empty, right? Right. You sell it to a property developer, right? They get it with a nudge nudge, wink wink under the table understanding, right, that we make a bit of money on it, right? You also agree with them that they use mates rates with some builders you know to convert it into high end apartments, right? Those builders get the job on the understanding, right, that they kick a little back for the job, right? Right, all above board, way the world works. Right, so then you're winning all ends up, right? The woke brigade are all 'well done' for giving back the stuff the Victorians nicked, the Guardian crowd, the runner Twitterati, you know. We get another big up for a long running construction project - jobs and that, new housing too, right? The Mail'll buy that for a bit, right? And we're all happy for a few extra quid in our Cayman accounts from the devs and the builders... And then you can give our friends in the Middle East a nudge that hey, new super prestigious property is coming in the market, we'll introduce you...*wink wink, rubs fingers together*...

• Like 1

Â