General Chat

Stevo985

Anyone know if The Villa Old Stars still exist?  Their website seems defunct and the last Tweet was from 2018.

Would be a shame as they raised a lot for charity and it was great to see the old guys getting back together. 

I guess the guys who used to play are mainly too old now and you're a lot less likely to get a bunch of multi millionaire's doing that sort of thing now. 

Edited by sidcow

35 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Anyone know of The Villa Old Stars still exist?  Their website seems defunct and the last Tweet was from 2018.

Would be a shame as they raised a lot for charity and it was great to see the old guys getting back together. 

I guess the guys who used to play are mainly too old now and you're a lot less likely to get a bunch of multi millionaire's doing that sort of thing now. 

Aren't you in the team you daft sod, if you don't know why ask us? :D

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

My life is so incredibly shit that the most I can do is comment sardonically every now and then, which isn't really conducive to conversation.

Get yourself out on a night with uncle Folly

A couple of lines as thick as your arm

neck half a bottle of scotch each

Down the local, wink at the biggest blokes bird and tell her to get her coat as she’s pulled 

scrape ourselves off the pavement 

more gear and scotch 

Get a couple of brasses and explain injuries on  some heroic feats 

back to mine to watch the 1982, European cup final and the Rocky lane video until we pass out 

#bestnightever 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Mate, we’ve both been on here for so long, and I’ve always, without exception, enjoyed your contributions to our little community. I consider you a friend, even though we’ve never met. It’s not much, perhaps, but please never forget how valuable you are to us. I’ve gone through, and am still going through, some really crappy shit over the past year. Support from these words removed on here made me feel just a tiny bit better. I hope it does for you too. 

Thanks.

I guess I'm just... I dunno. I should probably post in the mental health thread. Usual story.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Chindie said:

most I can do is comment sardonically every now and then

You underrate yourself. I mean you post some life enhancing stuff in the “what song” thread, for a start. And that is just the start. Warms my cockles, it does.

4 hours ago, El Zen said:

Mate, we’ve both been on here for so long, and I’ve always, without exception, enjoyed your contributions to our little community. I consider you a friend, even though we’ve never met. It’s not much, perhaps, but please never forget how valuable you are to us. I’ve gone through, and am still going through, some really crappy shit over the past year. Support from these words removed on here made me feel just a tiny bit better. I hope it does for you too. 

I find my self "Lolling" to your posts very often! You have a Herculean wit and turn of phrase! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chindie said:

Thanks.

I guess I'm just... I dunno. I should probably post in the mental health thread. Usual story.

Have you thought about going to the gym? I have a couple of friends who had suffered with their mental health and going to the gym made a massive improvement.

• Like 2

Â