General Chat

Stevo985

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

I think they announced today that they've moved the Leeds game 😬 Hope you can still make it!

Yeah, that’s why we waited til last night to book it 😊

• Like 1

There is an economic theory that you can predict that an economic crash is about to happen when a new skyscraper rises to claim the title of tallest building in the world. The Singer Building and the Met Life coincided with the Panic of 1907. The Woolworth Building arrived in time for the depression of 1913. The World Trade Center and the Sears Tower opened during the 1973 oil crisis and the 1973-4 stock- market crash. Kuala Lumpur's Petronas Towers became the world's tallest buildings just before the Asian financial crisis of 1997. The subprime mortgage disaster has its monument: the Burj Khalifa skyscraper, opened in October 2009. The very day that the Shanghai Tower was finished, the Chinese stock market plunged 7% in half an hour. 

There hasn't been a bigger one since, so I assume we're still feeling the effect of the Burj Khalifa. 

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

There is an economic theory that you can predict that an economic crash is about to happen when a new skyscraper rises to claim the title of tallest building in the world. The Singer Building and the Met Life coincided with the Panic of 1907. The Woolworth Building arrived in time for the depression of 1913. The World Trade Center and the Sears Tower opened during the 1973 oil crisis and the 1973-4 stock- market crash. Kuala Lumpur's Petronas Towers became the world's tallest buildings just before the Asian financial crisis of 1997. The subprime mortgage disaster has its monument: the Burj Khalifa skyscraper, opened in October 2009. The very day that the Shanghai Tower was finished, the Chinese stock market plunged 7% in half an hour. 

There hasn't been a bigger one since, so I assume we're still feeling the effect of the Burj Khalifa. 

Birmingham has just started work on the new tallest building finally overtaking The Post Office Tower. 

Gulps

Edited by sidcow

Just driven past a bloke riding his bicycle one handed whilst carrying a set of stepladders in his other hand. 

I couldn't help but laugh. Just looked like a scene from a comedy sketch with a hilarious incident about to ensue. 

Edited by sidcow

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Just driven past a bloke riding his bicycle one handed whilst carrying a set of stepladders in his other hand. 

I couldn't help but laugh. Just looked like a scene from a comedy sketch with a hilarious incident about to ensue. 

Window washer? Bucket on the end of tge ladder?

Not seen a guy doing that in a long time but used to live by one growing up so was fairly common

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Tommy Elphick on his way to a date?

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So whats everyones work policy for the england game tomorrow at 1?

Are they letting you work remote? Or showing in office or just being sgit and not allowing you to watch while you work?

Im remote tomo luckily 

I’ll watch it whilst I work from home.

Both children’s schools have said they’ll show it in school. 

24 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Are they letting you work remote? Or showing in office or just being sgit and not allowing you to watch while you work?

Im remote tomo luckily 

I don't actually even know. As far as I'm aware nothing has been said and frankly I wasn't even aware they were playing tomorrow, that's how detached I am from it. 

Not even sure I'm that bothered to watch it to be honest. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Im remote tomo luckily 

I'm working from home but have meetings scheduled from 1 until 3.

I could potentially fudge the meetings and watch the game but I honestly don't think I care. 

3 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I'm working from home but have meetings scheduled from 1 until 3.

I could potentially fudge the meetings and watch the game but I honestly don't think I care. 

After just watching that Ecuador goal get disallowed i dont think ill bother either

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Where is everyone? Off topic is as dead as a really dead thing lately. 

Sometimes I feel like I want to post something but I don’t have anything to say. Or I think any half thought out musing I currently have isn’t worth the effort, so it’s shelved.

And I’ve posted my fair share of dross - and that’s the stuff that makes it through the filtering process.

I tend to miss a few days due to being busy  and just get the odd couple of minutes here and there to check VT, I then spend all that time catching up on posts that I don’t often end up posting anything. Either that or what I was going to say has already been said. So I just give it a like and scroll on. 

Â