General Chat

Stevo985

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

My 3 year old son just pointed at a photo of me and said “oh look…Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall”.

Do you look like an egg?

• Like 1

Just now, a m ole said:

Look at his **** avatar mate, yes he looks like an egg, alright?

Sounds like he can't take a yolk. 

• Haha 1

Our house was built in 1960 and has a serving hatch between the Kitchen and the Dining Room. 

Was this just a 60's trend? Anyone else got one? 

It seems a strange thing to me but they seemed very popular at one time. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Our house was built in 1960 and has a serving hatch between the Kitchen and the Dining Room. 

Was this just a 60's trend? Anyone else got one? 

It seems a strange thing to me but they seemed very popular at one time. 

I reckon it's actually a 70's home improvement. Very popular in the '70s to serve your prawn cocktail though at a dinner Party. Height of sophistication they were

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I reckon this year I’ve cut my grass the least for many years. I’m still using the petrol in the mower I bought last year. Being so hot and dry it’s barely grown.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I reckon this year I’ve cut my grass the least for many years. I’m still using the petrol in them mower I bought last year. Being so hot and dry it’s barely grown.

Cut mine last weekend for the first time since the summer drought 

I reckon I've only got to do 1 more cut then. 

Was similar 2 years ago when we had that long hot summer in lockdown. 

Amazing how resilient grass is actually. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

I reckon it's actually a 70's home improvement. Very popular in the '70s to serve your prawn cocktail though at a dinner Party. Height of sophistication they were

I looked at a couple of identical houses before moving to the current one. Both had the hatch thing. So those were 70s houses built with them (and some wierd storage places at the top of the stairs. But yeah, loads of people had holes fitted in their walls.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

I've got a couple of spares for Roxy Music at Manchester Arena tonight. Anyone interested?

Make me a deal and make it straight.

All signed and seal, I’ll take it.

(Sorry Rob, I actually can’t take them)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Anyone applied for a passport lately?  Is it likely to take the full 10 weeks that we are currently advised to allow?

May have got the person/time/place wrong but i think @tonyh29 may have said he applied in July and recently got his. So it is about 10 weeks.

• Thanks 1

On 09/10/2022 at 19:59, Genie said:

I reckon this year I’ve cut my grass the least for many years. I’m still using the petrol in the mower I bought last year. Being so hot and dry it’s barely grown.

Ive had leaves fall off the tree behind my fence all year round not just autumn due to weather he had. so ive had to mow/use blower all year its really annoying.

The tree is so close to my fence and needs trimming but the council can't be asked just come up with some bullshit not high prority generic shit

Anyone know where the looped riff used for this song comes from? I keep thinking disco era, or maybe 90s house music? Driving me bonkers. I know it's definitely not original. It might be part of a transitional section of a song, but I don't think so? 

Â