General Chat

Stevo985

50 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Italy getting back to its 30s glory days with a far right government.

Sigh.

It's like Silvio Berlusconi and his bedfellows have been airbrushed from history

First time RW nutjobs have been in power in Italy since the last time

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

It's like Silvio Berlusconi and his bedfellows have been airbrushed from history

First time RW nutjobs have been in power in Italy since the last time

Unless I'm massively misinformed, Berlusconi and his party were centre right. Classic European Christian democrat party, with a bit more populism and personality cult then their Northern European counterparts. Italy's new leading party is literally fascist - successor to numerous neo-fascist parties and formed by the radical members who left the likes of Berlusconi's party as it was too moderate.

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

Unless I'm massively misinformed, Berlusconi and his party were centre right

Not really no. Check out National Alliance who merged into Forza Italia to form Berlusconi's second party of power The People of Freedom

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

Not really no. Check out National Alliance who merged into Forza Italia to form Berlusconi's second party of power The People of Freedom

National Alliance, it appears, was born of the fascist movement but moved towards the centre ground by turning away from fascist credentials and traditions in favour of more centre right positions, to the extent a bunch of its membership ditched it and turned into the party that just won the election... So even if we accept that Berlusconi lead a fascist party (he didn't, mind), the guys that just won the election thought that party wasn't fash enough for them... So this is a particularly far right government for Italy post 1940s, which is why it's headline news.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Without trying to sound gimpy and ghey has anyone tried blackhead pore strips on their nose? 

My nose is like a dot to dot at the moment. I live in one of Europe's most polluted cities and it's just a greasy bulb.

Yes, I used them as part of my "getting ready to go and meet my eharmony dates"  routine  and they do work, along with the loreal anti scuffing liquid which I once made the mistake of using after a shave.....rubbing alcohol into freshly shaved skin with a cotton wool ball was not my finest hour !

Edited by mottaloo
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

Yes, I used them as part of my "getting ready to go and meet my eharmony dates"  routine  and they do work, along with the loreal anti scuffing liquid which I once made the mistake of using after a shave.....rubbing alcohol into freshly shaved skin with a cotton wool ball was not my finest hour !

You shouldn’t really have done it for a whole hour if it hurt that much ;)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Anyone got experience of Moonpig or Funky Pigeon? Is one better or much of a muchness?

Much of a muchness. My mother seems addicted to Moonpig and spelling her own **** granddaughters name incorrectly, that said every birthday, Christmas card and gift arrives on time. 

11 hours ago, sidcow said:

Anyone got experience of Moonpig or Funky Pigeon? Is one better or much of a muchness?

I use Moonpig to send cards to my parents in France, it’s only £1 postage and much less hassle.

Edited by Genie

8 hours ago, sidcow said:

Used to use Moonpig to send cards to my lot back home but the nieces are a pair of spoilt brats and the rest of them are word removeds so I don't bother anymore.

• Haha 2

Â