General Chat

Stevo985

19 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Does anyone know what this is.  I was born in 72,  never heard of this.
T-bone train crash in 2 seconds also.

You booked your ticket, turned up and your car was loaded onto the low loader rail truck

You then travelled on  the train, took your car with you but didn't have to drive it all the way to Scotland and arrived as fresh as a BR Ham Sandwich made the day beforeetc.

The bit about being such good value might actually be a downright lie

Railway_Station,_Carlisle_-_geograph.org

That maxi might have rusted completely by the time it got to Scotland

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, bickster said:

You booked your ticket, turned up and your car was loaded onto the low loader rail truck

You then travelled on  the train, took your car with you but didn't have to drive it all the way to Scotland and arrived as fresh as a BR Ham Sandwich made the day beforeetc.

The bit about being such good value might actually be a downright lie

Railway_Station,_Carlisle_-_geograph.org

That maxi might have rusted completely by the time it got to Scotland

There is no way this wasn't a roaring success.  I presume this is still bookable.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

Banned from restaurants and airlines for being the absolute rocket polisher I always thought he was.

I hope he just fades back into obscurity.

So that would explan then why he has such a punchable face.

Absolute melt

1 hour ago, bickster said:

We did a similar thing (overnight sleeper) on SNCF from Calais to the south of France in the 90s. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

We did a similar thing (overnight sleeper) on SNCF from Calais to the south of France in the 90s. 

You can still do it on SNCF apparently, although cars and passengers don't travel on the same train (Auto train)

The Mrs has just informed me her hairdresser has informed her that there is some supermarket thing where you book for groceries, breakfast etc and pay online for a couple of quid and then pick up the items as a predetermined time, apparently what you get is totally random but worth quite a lot more than the initial charge. Seems really odd, anyone done this ? 

6 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

The Mrs has just informed me her hairdresser has informed her that there is some supermarket thing where you book for groceries, breakfast etc and pay online for a couple of quid and then pick up the items as a predetermined time, apparently what you get is totally random but worth quite a lot more than the initial charge. Seems really odd, anyone done this ? 

I think they might be talking about the Morrisons "Magic Box" on too good to go. I tried it once, it's 2 or 3 quid and you just get random stuff that's just passed the best before/sell by date, we got some cakes, loads of fruit/veg that was still good for a few days, and some deli bits. No guarantees what you'll get but the shelf value if you bought it all in date is meant to be worth at least 3/4 times the box price

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I think they might be talking about the Morrisons "Magic Box" on too good to go. I tried it once, it's 2 or 3 quid and you just get random stuff that's just passed the best before/sell by date, we got some cakes, loads of fruit/veg that was still good for a few days, and some deli bits. No guarantees what you'll get but the shelf value if you bought it all in date is meant to be worth at least 3/4 times the box price

Any reason you did not do it again, just the randomness of what you get? 

3 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Any reason you did not do it again, just the randomness of what you get? 

I quite liked the randomness, it was like being a guest on ready steady cook. Radishes, what they **** do you do with radishes?!

Only two reasons we haven't bothered again really. When we tried it, it was really new, they didn't have many, and they were hard to get hold of as it got quite a bit of press, the availability might be better now.

We're also a veggie household, and you just get what you're given so there was quite a bit of stuff we didn't want. We ended up just giving to the neighbours, but we didn't want to get stuff we'd just waste

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I quite liked the randomness, it was like being a guest on ready steady cook. Radishes, what they **** do you do with radishes?!

Only two reasons we haven't bothered again really. When we tried it, it was really new, they didn't have many, and they were hard to get hold of as it got quite a bit of press, the availability might be better now.

We're also a veggie household, and you just get what you're given so there was quite a bit of stuff we didn't want. We ended up just giving to the neighbours, but we didn't want to get stuff we'd just waste

fair play, think I might have a bash for the hell of it 

3 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

I was in cyprus last week and i went into a supermarket hoping can bag a few deals late on (if you think food shopping in the uks expensive go into a supermarket in cyprus its **** ridiculous) i was hoping can get some blueberries as they are so expensive there.

So what amazed me was how unbelievably thick they are. So here tesco and other supermarkets tend to do deals towards end of day eg pizzas close to expiry date at reduced prices same with fruit, salad veg etc.

In cyprus they dont do this, they just throw everything away. they would rather throw food then sell it at a reduced price. Absolute idiots.

40 minutes ago, Xela said:

Should have tasered the driver in the face

As far as I am concerned he should have been prosecuted for attempted murder of a policeman.  He could very very easily have run over him or caused him to be crushed and he's deliberately and consciously set the car in motion knowing the officer is there and going to be trapped by the door. 

• Like 1

On 18/10/2022 at 08:06, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Does anyone know what this is.  I was born in 72,  never heard of this.
T-bone train crash in 2 seconds also.

Is that a young James Corden telling the waiter to f*** off back to the kitchen with the beer because the foam is spilling over the side of the glass?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I was in cyprus last week and i went into a supermarket hoping can bag a few deals late on (if you think food shopping in the uks expensive go into a supermarket in cyprus its **** ridiculous) i was hoping can get some blueberries as they are so expensive there.

So what amazed me was how unbelievably thick they are. So here tesco and other supermarkets tend to do deals towards end of day eg pizzas close to expiry date at reduced prices same with fruit, salad veg etc.

In cyprus they dont do this, they just throw everything away. they would rather throw food then sell it at a reduced price. Absolute idiots.

Do they still have Orphanides?

Â