General Chat

Stevo985

18 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Believe it or not there are a couple of car trains over here in the US. I took an overnight one from Washington DC to Tampa one time. 

Hand your car to the valet, board the train (you can book a room with a couch that flops down into a bed.) go and have dinner with wine etc. All extremely civilized. I believe that’s not the only one.

You can also take a sleeper train from Denver (starts in Chicago I think) all the way through the Rockies and down into San Fran. It’s meant to be epic - one of the cars has a glass roof for viewing.

goldleaf-service-rocky-mountaineer-train

61dc8dfe4ede320018b6dfaf?width=1000&form

california-zephyr-at-book-cliffs-e165012

The trans-Canada is also supposed to be spectacular.   My son's in Vancouver and I have family in Winnipeg, so I'm thinking of incorporating it into a family visit in the next couple of years.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, il_serpente said:

The trans-Canada is also supposed to be spectacular.   My son's in Vancouver and I have family in Winnipeg, so I'm thinking of incorporating it into a family visit in the next couple of years.

Yeah I know.

11_cruel_dribbble.gif

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Pissed off my boss no end when we did this. 

My goat shit all over the floor and ate half of the sofa in reception. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Reading that news story about South Korea

South Korea Halloween crush kills 120, injures 100 - officials

More than 100 people have died in a crush among huge Halloween crowds in a popular nightlife area of South Korea's capital, officials say.

The death toll jumped from 59 to 120 in the last hour, with local media reporting a further 100 injured.

BBC

It reminded me of where we were last week. We went to Citywalk* at Universal in Orlando just for something to eat and a look round. (*Citywalk is an area in between the 2 Universal theme parks with bars, restaurants, shops etc. You have to pass through it to get to either Universal Islands of Adventure or Universal Studios).

It was insanely busy, we got there just before 7pm not realising that at 7pm they reopened the parks for the halloween events.

We were immediately really concerned with the crowds. Shoulder to shoulder you couldn’t move. We decided to turn straight around and head away. 

We were saying to each other that if there was some kind of trigger like an explosion or gunshot type sound it would be incredibly dangerous.

This was the scene at the entrance, that queue is 15 cars wide and stretched as far as I could see

F2-C2-ADC4-20-CC-4-D51-AEEA-18414-BC4-DC

Inside Citywalk this was the scene all over

2382589-A-43-AE-4-FE8-8124-8-B532942-F11

It was a waste of $30 in Ubers but we didn’t want to stay there a moment longer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Reading that news story about South Korea

BBC

It reminded me of where we were last week. We went to Citywalk* at Universal in Orlando just for something to eat and a look round. (*Citywalk is an area in between the 2 Universal theme parks with bars, restaurants, shops etc. You have to pass through it to get to either Universal Islands of Adventure or Universal Studios).

It was insanely busy, we got there just before 7pm not realising that at 7pm they reopened the parks for the halloween events.

We were immediately really concerned with the crowds. Shoulder to shoulder you couldn’t move. We decided to turn straight around and head away. 

We were saying to each other that if there was some kind of trigger like an explosion or gunshot type sound it would be incredibly dangerous.

This was the scene at the entrance, that queue is 15 cars wide and stretched as far as I could see

F2-C2-ADC4-20-CC-4-D51-AEEA-18414-BC4-DC

Inside Citywalk this was the scene all over

2382589-A-43-AE-4-FE8-8124-8-B532942-F11

It was a waste of $30 in Ubers but we didn’t want to stay there a moment longer.

Its pretty crazy that they dint limit the amount of tickets/capacity of people attending each day

• Like 1

Just saw a bit of footage of the Seoul crowds, and among the various fancy dress outfits, some were dressed in Squid Game guard costumes. Struck me as a sick irony that this whole tragedy was like Squid Game made real.   :(

I was offered 2 tickets to Kevin Bridges for Thursday. I took them before realising I'm on front line on call for about 10 banks and one of the guys who might have been able to swap with me is on annual leave. So I went from being probably not able to go, to definitely not able to go. So I'm trying to sell them on for face value. This could equally piss me off but I think it's just general life 🤷🏻‍♂️

7 hours ago, BOF said:

I was offered 2 tickets to Kevin Bridges for Thursday. I took them before realising I'm on front line on call for about 10 banks and one of the guys who might have been able to swap with me is on annual leave. So I went from being probably not able to go, to definitely not able to go. So I'm trying to sell them on for face value. This could equally piss me off but I think it's just general life 🤷🏻‍♂️

(Mooneys Kevin Bridges) Oh, HIM. 

311264156_10160011870184687_5202077343984820786_n.jpg.a39b68b24c6cb19bc0b1c372edd5dc58.jpg

The large one is a Penny Bun, a desirable edible mushroom.

The little one isn't a mini version of the big one, it's a Death Cap.

The online foraging groups are quite exciting atm.

1479827498_Screenshot2022-11-01at14_15_37.jpg.c43353dec8070bc94fa9bccafb164161.jpg

Â