General Chat

Stevo985

19 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I don't think Big Macs are overrated, I think they're great.  It's not like they are advertised as being devastatingly amazing, they are just McDonald's signature. 

It's just two burgers with an extra bit of bread.

Plus a minging pickle

Rubbish. It wouldn't even be in my top 10 sandwiches at McDonalds.

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

I'm generally not a big fan of brassicas - except sprouts. I bloody love sprouts. Even I think it's strange. 

A single sprout seems to taste of a thousand cabbages condensed into one bitesized portion to me.  I don't like vegetables but thanks to the influence of my Mum when growing up I will eat them anyway, except sprouts and mushrooms.

On 23/04/2018 at 15:52, Rugeley Villa said:

Still off the meat. Hardly miss it at all, and quorn is really nice. Lovely range of sausages, burgers, steaks, etc, although I don't like quorn mince. 

Good to see you again Ruge. 'Ow ya bin'?

12 hours ago, sidcow said:

I don't think Big Macs are overrated, I think they're great.  It's not like they are advertised as being devastatingly amazing, they are just McDonald's signature. 

That said Quarter Pounder with Cheese is my goto at Maccies.  Every time I have a special I find myself wishing I had a quarter instead.  My occasional Big Mac for variety is the only thing which doesn't make me feel like that. 

However I think the whole Burger King "flame grilled" thing is definitely overrated.  

I instinctively miss trust anyone who thinks BK is better than Maccies. 

And do not even get me started on the abomination which is 5 guys. 

I agree with you about 5 guys, bland burgers at rip off prices but the BK/McD argument all comes down to individual burgers, a Big Tasty with bacon is better than a Whopper for example but the Whopper is better than a Big Mac. 

Edited by Ingram85

If it wasn't for the price I'd take a Five Guys burger over anything from McDonalds. Far superior.

I haven't had BUrger King for years so can't really comment.

I've had 3 five guys.

A hot dog on my first visit - ok, not bad - good topping choices.

2nd - a big burger, big fries - jesus christ it was greasy, like it slipped out my hand greasy, didn't enjoy it.  The meat wasn't seasoned, it was bland and it looked more grey then brown.  Then i saw the portion of the fries and was like, who the **** eats 15 full on potatoes? 2/10. 

3rd - a big burger, small fries - somehow the burger was worse?  it was leicester square and busy, but **** me it was unedible.  The fries were nicer though and I'm sure I got just as many fries as i did when I ordered the big portion previously.

That was about 2 years ago and I refuse to go now because it was absolutely todd. 

I've never had a Big Mac ..any product that puts salad in a burger deserves to be boycotted ...

BK got it right by adding Bacon to a cheese burger , that's how you do it , you can stick your special sauce ,onions and pickles where the sun don't shine

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I've never had a Big Mac ..any product that puts salad in a burger deserves to be boycotted ...

BK got it right by adding Bacon to a cheese burger , that's how you do it , you can stick your special sauce ,onions and pickles where the sun don't shine

Embrace the salad. I agree that sauces can do one, melted cheese or mayo should be the only acceptable moistness along with the burger juices. Also, lettuce and tomato have no place on a burger as it makes it all a soggy mess but the crunch of pickles or onion does as it adds bite and contrasting texture. 

I think about burgers too much.

I haven't had a burger anywhere better than Annie's Burger Shack in Nottingham. Definitely worth a visit if there's an away trip to Forest next season.

Edited by Davkaus

11 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I haven't had a burder anywhere better than Annie's Burger Shack in Nottingham. Definitely worth a visit if there's an away trip to Forest next season.

they look safe from relegation tbf

Nottingham has a hooters , home of the 50 chicken wings , so tough choices in the gourmet department next season

17 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

they look safe from relegation tbf

Nottingham has a hooters , home of the 50 chicken wings , so tough choices in the gourmet department next season

If you asked me what hell looks like, 'eating 50 chicken wings in the Nottingham branch of Hooters' wouldn't be at the very bottom of my list. 

Original Patty Men in Digbeth do the best burger I've ever had. I don't think @lapal_fan would like it because it can look at bit greasy, and their tagline is 'purveyors of filth', so they're not interested in making you a pretty looking burger. But it was amazing.

Big Mac's are one of my favourites. The salad, the onion, the burger sauce. I love all of it.

I do like an XL Bacon Double Cheeseburger from Burger King too though.

Lastly, @Ingram85 Mayo on a burger is gross. Unless it's a chicken burger.

Â