General Chat

Stevo985

9 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

9 people killed and 16 injured in Toronto after a van deliberately drives into them :(

The suspect is in custody.

Suspect is this guy apparently, 25 year old local resident of Armenian origin.

Very surreal video of the arrest online, Him standing there pointing what looked a gun but turned out to be a phone at what appears to be a lone police man behind a vehicle, The police man repeatedly yelling at him to get down and he is just stood there gesticulating at the police shouting kill me when a group of 3 people just stroll past very slowly having a casual look at what is going on. It isn't until the officer approaches him a little that the pedestrians decide that maybe they shouldn't just be standing there 10 feet away from this.

pyWtx0i.jpg

Edited by LakotaDakota

10 hours ago, bickster said:

Someone fry some bacon and cure him if this disease please

Honestly feel better for it. Considering my last meal before execution would have been a mixed grill, I think I've done alright. 

18 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Honestly feel better for it. Considering my last meal before execution would have been a mixed grill, I think I've done alright. 

I did it for 7 weeks earlier this year and then fell off the wagon for a grand big mac of all things.

I keep thinking about trying it again every time I eat meat, I see it differently now. As you say, the quorn stuff is great (apart form the mince, I agree) so eating at home is easy. It's when you go out for a meal or when you're eating round somebody else's house it gets a bit tricky.

11 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I did it for 7 weeks earlier this year and then fell off the wagon for a grand big mac of all things.

I keep thinking about trying it again every time I eat meat, I see it differently now. As you say, the quorn stuff is great (apart form the mince, I agree) so eating at home is easy. It's when you go out for a meal or when you're eating round somebody else's house it gets a bit tricky.

Been thinking about it myself for a while.

Don't know if I'd survive, but I'm definitely considering it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

It's a piece of piss at home, but I take a bit longer with the menu when I go out now. Not tried other people's houses yet,because people don't usually like my sort in their house ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Been thinking about it myself for a while.

Don't know if I'd survive, but I'm definitely considering it.

Try it, you won't regret it. All I used to eat was meat, and I'd probably been a T-Rex, if I was a dinosaur. Never thought I'd do it, and I surprised myself how easy it was tbf.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Try it, you won't regret it. All I used to eat was meat, and I'd probably been a T-Rex, if I was a dinosaur. Never thought I'd do it, and I surprised myself how easy it was tbf.

I'd struggle. We probably eat something vegetarian about once a fortnight, and I always think it's OK, but definitely lacking something essential. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I had one of those grand Big Macs a few weeks ago when they were, it was a massive disappointment. Not really sure what I was expecting but it just let me down.

Edited by Genie

48 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I'd struggle. We probably eat something vegetarian about once a fortnight, and I always think it's OK, but definitely lacking something essential. 

That's what I struggled with. I think the fact that pretty much every meal I had had 'fake' meat in it was telling me I wasn't 100% ready to give it up yet.

31 minutes ago, Genie said:

I had one of those grand Big Macs a few weeks ago when they were, it was a massive disappointment. Not really sure what I was expecting but it just let me down.

Said it elsewhere but the Big Mac is the world's most overrated burger.

It's shit. GRand or not.

• Like 1

In the grand scheme of things there's a lot more things I could give up before meat and feel better for it.

Just eat a varied diet and don't overdo anything. Much easier to do that then deny yourselves things you enjoy?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

In the grand scheme of things there's a lot more things I could give up before meat and feel better for it.

Just eat a varied diet and don't overdo anything. Much easier to do that then deny yourselves things you enjoy?

Quite, and that's how I live my life now apart from the odd binge on a weekend.

But it's not about health or weight or anything for me. It's about not wanting to eat animals anymore.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Quite, and that's how I live my life now apart from the odd binge on a weekend.

But it's not about health or weight or anything for me. It's about not wanting to eat animals anymore.

Ah, fair enough! They're far too tasty for me to give up unfortunately.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Said it elsewhere but the Big Mac is the world's most overrated burger.

It's shit. GRand or not.

I don’t mind the odd standard Big Mac, not sure what it was about the Grand version but it looked lovely. I went first time and they said they’d sold out so sounds like I wasn’t on my own. Went back a week later and got one and it was a real let down.

Whats the VT McDonalds burger of choice? I tend to have BBQ Chicken legend when I go these days.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I don’t mind the odd standard Big Mac, not sure what it was about the Grand version but it looked lovely. I went first time and they said they’d sold out so sounds like I wasn’t on my own. Went back a week later and got one and it was a real let down.

Whats the VT McDonalds burger of choice? I tend to have BBQ Chicken legend when I go these days.

Traditionally a quarter pounder with cheese would be my choice.

Recently I'd go for a big tasty with bacon

(I realise the irony of me saying I want to be vegetarian in one post and then the next post discussing which burger I like the best :) )

We have a seasonal McD burger here called the 'kanapka drwala'. it's pretty famous.

It's like a Big Tasty but has deep fried cheese, a special sauce and a bacon studded bun.

kanapka_drwala_AqzKYr.jpg

Absolute filthy but fine 2 or 3 times a year.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Genie said:

Double cheeseburgers in multiples. Damn good burger.

ive heard the McDonald’s chicken selects are great but I’ve never tried them.

Â