General Chat

Stevo985

6 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

What’s this new profile malarkey at the top of the page? Is it a sneaky ad designed to look like VT or a new site feature?

If enough posters fill in their details two things will happen.

Firstly the Mods will sell all the data to Arron Banks.

Secondly, the Bollitics threads will start filling up with right wing rhetoric and reinforced racial stereotyping.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Apparently North Korea has just suspended it's nuclear program and is going to open itself economically to the rest of the world :o

Guess unlike Obama , Trump will actually deserve his Nobel Peace Prize :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Apparently North Korea has just suspended it's nuclear program and is going to open itself economically to the rest of the world :o

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Allison Mack, Smallville actress, charged over Nxivm sex trafficking

_100971434_gettyimages-103162097.jpg

Allison Mack, a US actress known for the TV show Smallville, has appeared in court on charges of aiding a sex trafficking operation disguised as a mentoring group.

Keith Raniere, the leader of the so-called self-help group, was arrested by the FBI in Mexico in March.

Ms Mack is accused of helping him to recruit women who were then exploited "both sexually and for their labour", the New York prosecuting attorney said.

She pleaded not guilty to all charges.

At a brief hearing on Friday evening in a Brooklyn federal court, the judge ordered Ms Mack, 35, to be held in custody. She will appear in court again on Monday.

The society was supposed to empower and strengthen the women who joined it, according to prosecutors.

But they allege Mr Raniere oversaw a "slave and master" system in his group called Nxivm, where female members were expected to have sex with him and were branded with his initials.

"Allison Mack recruited women to join what was purported to be a female mentorship group that was, in fact, created and led by Keith Raniere," Richard Donoghue, US attorney for the Eastern District in New York, said in a statement.

Prosecutors allege that Nxivm has the features of a pyramid scheme, in which members pay "thousands of dollars" for courses to rise within its ranks.

"Mack directly or implicitly required her slaves... to engage in sexual activity with Raniere," the statement from the attorney's office claims.

"In exchange for this, Mack received financial and other benefits."

If found guilty, both Ms Mack and Mr Raniere, who has been charged with sex trafficking and is being held without bail, face at least 15 years in prison.

...more on link

:o

12 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Haven't they just suspended testing, because they now actually have the nukes?

Listen up everyone;

It's @Paddywhack's birthday today.

I know he's annoying, unfunny, uninteresting, a bit of dork, his appearance is generally unacceptable, very needy, incredibly childish, irritating, fudging ugly and grotesquely hairy and all, but I know on this day of all days, his dream is to become champion of the "likes" day.

So would you all do him a huge favour and give one of his boring posts a like or two?

I only realised the importance of this to him when I saw his diary and it's just got page after page after page of "no-one likes me... AGAIN" and a bit of shit smeared across his walls to tally each day as it goes by without being crowned champion.

It **** stinks now, it's been that long.

Think of this simple act as a "make a wish" for a big spastic. 

Thanks all x 

• Sad 1

Driving to work this morning I saw a pigeon in the middle of the road.

It was alive, but it's rear half had been crushed by a vehicle. 

So it was just sat there, head up, looking round. To the untrained eye he looked completely unfussed that his bottom half was destroyed.

Was really weird.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Sad 1

I got some birthday money yesterday so thought I'd treat myself to some new trainers as my current ones are a mess.

After spending an hour looking through trainers online I finally found a pair that I really liked the look of. It was only after I'd ordered them I realised I've bought the same ones again, just in a slightly different colour!

:crylaugh:#whatamilike!? 

3 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Feeling a bit low at the moment. Feel like a big part of my life is missing. The normal routine is boring.

Get a new job, a new hobby or a new girlfriend maybe? Life generally is dull I'm afraid. Most of our waking hours are spent at work so that's generally the biggest cause of emptiness, doing something you don't care about and/or get no fulfillment from. 

Identifying a genuine passion that you can do for a job might help, failing that, getting a hobby that you are really passionate about. Something you can look forward to doing after work/on the weekends etc.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Get a new job, a new hobby or a new girlfriend maybe? Life generally is dull I'm afraid. Most of our waking hours are spent at work so that's generally the biggest cause of emptiness, doing something you don't care about and/or get no fulfillment from. 

Identifying a genuine passion that you can do for a job might help, failing that, getting a hobby that you are really passionate about. Something you can look forward to doing after work/on the weekends etc.

You're totally right. Hobby wise, football is my main one but I keep getting injured.

Work is fine, i don't want to move.

New missus, broke up with a long term one in August, had a few short things since then but nothing really. Don't feel like I'm meeting the right people, been messed about a bit lately.

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I know what you're missing.

Late night PS4 sessions with me, @villarule123 and that word removed @lapal_fan

wake up sleeping GIF by Blunt Talk

You rang?

Let's get good at Fortnite, it's the kind of game Stevo will be shit at, @villarule123 will think he's good at, but will hit a ceiling and @StefanAVFC will rage at. 

I just like pissing about (YOU DON'T SAY!!! I hear you say) - but it's easy laid back fun, but if you get into it, your heartbeat raises 2%. 

Â