General Chat

Stevo985

3 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Panini World Cup stickers are out today! :D

But they're 80p for a pack of five stickers. :o:angry:

About 5 years ago I was on Kings Heath high street and wandered into a charity shop where I bought a whole box of France '98 Panini stickers for £1.50. I checked on eBay recently and boxes are going for £300. 

I'll keep them for another ten years I think.

• Like 2

Is me driving to stansted picking someone up at 7.10am and then driving in to london a bad idea or a really **** bad idea?

The alternative is trains, not a clue what the stansted to london train is like but i know the kiddy to london options at that time arent brilliant

Ill be staying in camden so ideally i want to ditch the car on the outskirts and get the easiest tube in

Edited by villa4europe

43 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Is me driving to stansted picking someone up at 7.10am and then driving in to london a bad idea or a really **** bad idea?

Meh - It won't be fun.

Hate driving here and would probably do the train.

Laughably it's £17/26 from 'London' Stansted to Liverpool Street. Then it's the Northern line to Camden.

Airport train services reflect flight scheduling. They're mostly not as shit as the dire suburban and regional rail clownfest.

55 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The alternative is trains, not a clue what the stansted to london train is like but i know the kiddy to london options at that time arent brilliant

Ill be staying in camden so ideally i want to ditch the car on the outskirts and get the easiest tube in

You might be alright at 7:10 tbh

m11 down to M25 and head to High Barnet, should take about 40 mins

i’d imagine you can get some cheap /free parking around there and then northern line straight into Camden Town about 20 mins 

• Like 1

On 3/22/2018 at 19:17, villa4europe said:

9 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Wife is booked in to have the c-section for our second child on Monday.

Some of you may remember the trauma from our first baby, born in Canada, so I'll mostly be spending the weekend trying not to look terrified...

Keeping everything crossed for us on Monday, please X

Good luck NV hope it all goes well. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Some of you may remember the trauma from our first baby, born in Canada, so I'll mostly be spending the weekend trying not to look terrified...

Keeping everything crossed for us on Monday, please X

All the best mate hope it all goes well. You'll soon be cradling another fantastic gift and life changer.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Keep everything crossed for us on Monday, please X

Best of luck to all three of you.

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys.  I genuinely appreciate the support.

Any suggestions for boys names are gratefully received too.  I've got a hit list of favourites, but the Mrs doesn't really agree.  I quite fancy "Thor" for a laugh, but she's definitely not having that!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Thanks guys.  I genuinely appreciate the support.

Any suggestions for boys names are gratefully received too.  I've got a hit list of favourites, but the Mrs doesn't really agree.  I quite fancy "Thor" for a laugh, but she's definitely not having that!

Alex is a great name, for either sex ;)

Â