General Chat

Stevo985

My measurements are no idea x no idea x no idea.

I generally buy a pair of jeans that are between 28-32 waist. I can't remember which size ones I usually take back to the shop after realising they don't fit. (I don't try clothes on in shops, I try to be there for as little time as possible).

When trying on a shirt in the changing room of the shop, I always have to sit down on the seat in front of the mirror to ensure the shirt doesn't suddenly become tight and create those unsightly gaps between buttons so you can see my belly.

If there's not a seat provided, I have to sort of crouch down and act out a seated pose.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I used to hate shopping for clothes but I must admit I've grown to quite like it now.

It's really odd but I have a sort of phobia for it,  I used to actually worry about it if I knew I was going clothes shopping.  

I have not bought any clothes for well over 10 years.  My mrs just gets them and they appear in the wardrobe.

9 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

It's really odd but I have a sort of phobia for it,  I used to actually worry about it if I knew I was going clothes shopping.  

I have not bought any clothes for well over 10 years.  My mrs just gets them and they appear in the wardrobe.

Pretty much me. I do buy my own, but I only do it about once every two years, in one big grit your teeth, hit git and split expedition. Seriously, I'd rather go to the dentist. 

• Like 1

Just arrived at VP , got out my mates car and nearly stepped in front of a Range Rover which luckily avoided me  ... driver turned out to be Glen whelan and his passenger John Terry 

proof at least that Whelan isn't as blind as his villa career suggests 

Edited by tonyh29
Numpty got the name wrong
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Just arrived at VP , got out my mates car and nearly stepped in front of a Range Rover which luckily avoided me  ... driver turned out to be Noel whelan and his passenger John Terry 

proof at least that Whelan isn't as blind as his villa career suggests 

If you thought it was Noel Whelan then you might be the blind one :P

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Pretty much me. I do buy my own, but I only do it about once every two years, in one big grit your teeth, hit git and split expedition. Seriously, I'd rather go to the dentist. 

I've had to go to the dentist 5 times in the past two months ( root canal related stuff, not fun ). Clothes shopping is muuuuuuuch better. An hour of browsing, quick try on to confirm it's ok and gone. Although half the time I get home and the trousers never seem to fit quite right again :/

On 9/6/2017 at 11:55, omariqy said:

they all give this 100 night sleep try out thing whereby you can return it if you're not happy with it.

I've gone for the Casper mattress after reading the Which reviews. I will give it the 100 night trial and see how I get on. What a boring topic of conversation btw.

On 12/09/2017 at 15:01, Stevo985 said:

I used to hate shopping for clothes but I must admit I've grown to quite like it now.

Ghey :P

No I'm with you Ben. I do too much of it TBH. Nothing wrong with looking good.  

I'm going to the rep theatre on fri night and I'll be heading in to town from north birmingham. Can anyone who commutes to that part of town tell me if the paradise forum construction is causing a ballache for driving ? I want to get to brindley place for parking but aint sure of the restrictions. I was thinking of taking the route under queensway by st chads and leaving left before the second tunnel part, and going around the back of paradise circus, past the entrance to broad st then next left, i think. 

Many thanks in anticipation.

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

I'm going to the rep theatre on fri night and I'll be heading in to town from north birmingham. Can anyone who commutes to that part of town tell me if the paradise forum construction is causing a ballache for driving ? I want to get to brindley place for parking but aint sure of the restrictions. I was thinking of taking the route under queensway by st chads and leaving left before the second tunnel part, and going around the back of paradise circus, past the entrance to broad st then next left, i think. 

Many thanks in anticipation.

I can confirm that I had no problems last time I did that journey. 

It was 1997 though. 

No need to thank me ;)

Edited by choffer

Â