General Chat

Stevo985

Im allergic to white chocolate, nothing serious just flushes the pipes and if I eat a fair bit makes me sick, some sort of lactose intolerance that's only in the chocolate, fine with milk and whathaveyou 

i love milky bars too :( 

Edited by villa4europe

1 minute ago, hogso said:

Chocolate; the darker, the better.

I think there's a criticial point at about 70% cocoa where it gets too bitter and unpleasant.  In around 65 is the sweet spot.

• Like 1

Just got collared by one of those charity workers who give it the big spiel with compliments and 'bantz' and then try to wheedle my bank account details out of me for a DD payment. 

She looked devastated when I refused*. They are very persuasive and can see how some people feel obliged to sign up there and then.

*I'm not against  charity, far from it, I do a lot for various ones through work but I don't want to sign up for a DD for any of them. 

14 minutes ago, Xela said:

Just got collared by one of those charity workers who give it the big spiel with compliments and 'bantz' and then try to wheedle my bank account details out of me for a DD payment. 

She looked devastated when I refused*. They are very persuasive and can see how some people feel obliged to sign up there and then.

*I'm not against  charity, far from it, I do a lot for various ones through work but I don't want to sign up for a DD for any of them. 

I had an absolute darlin of a welsh blonde lass collar me in gracechurch, hand out for a shake ( my good manners meant i couldn't leave her hanging, so i shook it, gawping at her perky bangers busting out of her blouse !). 10 mins later i gave her my details for some sort of animal charity and she finished off by giving me a massive hug and squeeze (by this time i was on boner alert !).

Despite that, i felt mugged off so i cancelled or blocked it when i got home. It was a classic case of johnny being duped by a wazzle pair of jugs :D

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

You'll all be surprised to read that generally speaking I'm a bit of a gullible pushover and an awkward simpleton.

For example, the other night we had a knock at the door and it was a delivery guy who started handing me pizza boxes, but I had to stop him and say "no, sorry, we've not ordered anything".

He said, "This is number 10?". I said "Yeah". He said, "10 Paddywhack Road?". I said "Yep, sorry. I'll take if it's free ha ha, but we've not ordered anything."

He looked annoyed, didn't say anything else and just walked back to his car in a bit of a huff. I felt like I'd done him wrong. I sat in my living room thinking about how awkward it made me feel and I thought "I really don't think this would bother anyone else, why am I sat here thinking about it?".

But anyway, back to my point, no matter how socially awkward and beta I've ever been, I've never had any trouble in telling any of those dancing, merry chuggers to get the fk out of my way.

3 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

my good manners meant i couldn't leave her hanging, so i shook it, gawping at her perky bangers busting out of her blouse !

Truly a gentleman :thumb:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Xela said:

Reminds me of this -

Charity worker : "Sir, do you have a moment for cancer research?"

Comedian walking down the street : "Yes of course, but we won't get much done".

• Like 2

Â