General Chat

Stevo985

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Whoever owns that wallet can't be old enough for a driving licence. Must be a fake.

Thought you'd like it :lol: 

Taken the pic down now because even though I had nothing on show I'm still paranoid some geek might be able to raid my bank account (not because you're a big meanie)

15 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Thought you'd like it :lol: 

Taken the pic down now because even though I had nothing on show I'm still paranoid some geek might be able to raid my bank account (not because you're a big meanie)

Hence me turning my driving license round. 

Out of interest seeing that pic ....Do many of you carry your driving license around with you ?

mine lives in a drawer and only comes out for holidays or if Mr Police officer gives me a producer 

• Like 1

Out of interest seeing that pic ....Do many of you carry your driving license around with you ?

mine lives in a drawer and only comes out for holidays or if Mr Police officer gives me a producer 

15 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Yep, in case I get ID'd. Sadly that's very rare nowadays.

23 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Mine also sits in a drawer (with my expired passport). Only used for the rare occasions that ID is required (like collecting online winnings in shop at Ladbrokes).

Edited by snowychap

7 hours ago, snowychap said:

Mine also sits in a drawer (with my expired passport). Only used for the rare occasions that ID is required (like collecting online winnings in shop at Ladbrokes).

Isn’t the idea of online gambling that you get your winnings paid in online as well ?

or do you fancy the girl behind the counter :)

8 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Isn't it mandatory to have it on you if you are driving over there?

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Not to my knowledge but maybe I ought to check now you’ve said that ...:

I had to check the rules over here as well :D Apparently, is you can ID yourself in some other way so they can do a checkup, you can get away with not having it. But I suspect that it also depends on the mood of the rozzers at the time.

2 minutes ago, Tegis said:

I had to check the rules over here as well :D Apparently, is you can ID yourself in some other way so they can do a checkup, you can get away with not having it. But I suspect that it also depends on the mood of the rozzers at the time.

U.k is

If you’re stopped, the police can ask to see your:

• driving licence
  • insurance certificate
  • MOT certificate

If you don’t have these documents with you, you have 7 days to take them to a police station. You’re breaking the law if you don’t show the requested documents within 7 days.

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

Isn’t the idea of online gambling that you get your winnings paid in online as well ?

or do you fancy the girl behind the counter :)

Takes too long with some, especially Laddies. They keep a withdrawal as 'pending' for a couple of days before processing it in the hopes that you'll cave in and waste it. All in the name of 'what their custommers have asked for', of course. :rant:

And no, I don't. His goatee and bald head don't work for me. :)

• Like 1

Yep I always carry some sort of ID.

I sense a slight mocking tone in Snowy's post above. But I like the thought that if something were to happen to me, from getting pissed and passing out in a gutter, to being hit by a car and ending up unconscious in hospital to something terrible like being blown up by a terrorist, that I'd be easily identified and my family told as soon as possible.

It might be as minor as "Can you come and pick your boyfriend up from Wetherspoons because he's off his face"

or it could be something as serious as "Your son has been seriously injured in a car accident"

99.999% of the time I won't need it.

(then there's obviously the fact that I do need ID a fair amount. Picking up packages, visiting other offices of my company, travelling etc. If I left all forms of ID at home I'd end up forgetting it half the time I needed it)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Left tit pocket of big coat.  So it's with me to and from work but at home for everything else.  Which covers most of my driving and means it won't get lost or stolen.  #eleganceftw

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I sense a slight mocking tone in Snowy's post above

Only slight, honest. :)

It's your business what you choose to carry and why. I've filed it along with your days of the week/clock thing. ;)

(then there's obviously the fact that I do need ID a fair amount. Picking up packages, visiting other offices of my company, travelling etc. If I left all forms of ID at home I'd end up forgetting it half the time I needed it)

It's this bit that interests me, though. That you say you need ID a fair amount and that you'd forget it when you need it.

Picking up packages - are you doing this so frequently that you require a form of ID on you all the time?

Visiting other offices of your company - don't you get given some form of company ID/pass complete with 'lanyard'?

Travelling - are you some sort of international jetsetter like Tony?

Edited by snowychap

Â