General Chat

Stevo985

Just now, lapal_fan said:

It's just getting fishy now.

@Stevo985 just how many shares do you own in Italian leather products? 

You on commish? 

I'm onto you. :detect:

I'm just trying to help my fellow VTers be better, cooler people.

10 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Don't do it!! Don't give in! ....I mean, yeah, get rid of the kids velcro wallet, but get a nice adult one with a coin section.

Look at @Stevo985 with his name brand wallets! I bet you wear all designed clobber too don't you? 

My wallet is a faux leather number from Primarni. £10 I reckon it cost., and it works a treat, especially for carrying my coins to pay for items, keeping my pockets jingle-free, and I keep my ID in there, because if I don't take it everywhere then I'll get ID'd for shit, even at the age of 30, because I look like a 13 year old. I got ID'd for a 15 DVD at Sainsburys last year :wacko:.

I got ID'd buying wine at M&S couple of years ago aged 32. 

• Like 1

I got ID'd at Sainsbury's a few weeks ago for buying a couple of bottles of alcoholic dandelion & burdock. Although, maybe it was the drink I was buying that made them ask.

Maybe one for the Things That Piss You Off thread, but every time a cashier says "You're lucky, very youthful looks", I just want to punch them in their old wrinkly faces. Getting ID'd was fun for about 8 months at the age of 18, then after that I think it's annoyed me every time.

• Like 1

ID'd for lemsip?! :crylaugh:I didn't realise they still bothered asking for ID for health products like that. What kid looking for a buzz gets a pack of disgusting lemsips to share between them and their mates?

One thing that used to really bug me in my younger days, was when I was old enough to have alcohol and had the ID to prove it, but maybe went into a shop with someone without ID or someone who wasn't over 18. The amount of times that cashiers told me they wouldn't sell me alcohol because the person I was with had no ID, was ridiculous. Would a 60-year-old get refused if they went into a shop with a grandchild?

1 minute ago, Rob182 said:

ID'd for lemsip?! :crylaugh:I didn't realise they still bothered asking for ID for health products like that. What kid looking for a buzz gets a pack of disgusting lemsips to share between them and their mates?

One thing that used to really bug me in my younger days, was when I was old enough to have alcohol and had the ID to prove it, but maybe went into a shop with someone without ID or someone who wasn't over 18. The amount of times that cashiers told me they wouldn't sell me alcohol because the person I was with had no ID, was ridiculous. Would a 60-year-old get refused if they went into a shop with a grandchild?

I've heard of that happening.

I think I could count the number of times I've been ID'd in my life on one hand. it's certainly less than 10.

Which makes it even funnier that one of those times was for lemsip.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I've heard of that happening.

I think I could count the number of times I've been ID'd in my life on one hand. it's certainly less than 10.

Which makes it even funnier that one of those times was for lemsip.

mines usually for places where they blatantly just dont want to serve you, was out with work and we snuck in the 17 year old trainee, he was fine but the 32 year old bloke with a good 2 years worth of beard and a tattoo sleeve on each arm got asked and promptly asked to leave when he told them to **** off

not lemsip but ive been ID'd for buying mirin when i was getting that for cooking, its what all the kids are drinking nowadays

2 hours ago, Rob182 said:

I went into a Co-Op with my ex (Polish), I tried to buy alcohol, they ID'd her and wouldn't accept anything other than her passport.

I got ID'd for pretty much anything I could have been ID'd for up to the age of about 25. It's a pleasant surprise when it happens now. The last time was some alchoholic ice lollies in Aldi.

Â