General Chat

Stevo985

I worked in a supermarket as a 16/17/18 year old during college. One blazing hot Saturday afternoon, I'd been lumped on the tills. Painful stuff. I think it was carnival day or something, it was the kind of busy day where it seemed almost everyone was buying 3 or 4 items only, so the actual quantity of people coming through the store was enormous. Lots of BBQ stuff, drinks, ice creams and like.

Now my mates knew I worked there, of course. They came in later on in the day, maybe about 6ish, and I knew something was up when I saw 5 of them, huddled together, walk past me without a word towards one corner of the store. They came back to my till and joined the queue. It was almost empty by this point, and I'd had enough. Between them they'd selected one of those crates of tiny little Belguim beers.

I knew they were all underage so refused to serve them. They tried to bribe me, but I would not be moved. I got an awful lot of stick for it afterwards, and still comes up in conversation now.

As an aside to that story, but in the same setting - I once served a girl who was quite attractive, but I was certain she was underage, in a futile attempt to gain the girls favour. The next day her dad came in after he had had to pick her up in the park, where she had consumed the entirety of the booze in one sitting, and had quite literally konked out. He was incredibly mad, and would almost certainly have punched my lights out if not for my manager covering for me.

Edited by hogso
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, hogso said:

Ah come on. You know the ones. Prosecco & Peach and Gin & Tonic. They're good.

I've had the gin and tonic ones (free, of course :) ), and can confirm they are delicious.

11 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I hate wallets like this. I prefer ones with a button at the front. So keeps closed and not flies open all the time

only cheap nasty wallets 'fly open' all the time :P

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

The Mrs just told me that at the hen party she went too a couple of weeks back one of the other ladies (who I know by name only) was really flirty and touchy feely with her. This lady has recently split with her husband. She just showed me a picture, OMG absolutely stunning.

Now, how to instigate the threesome? 

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

The Mrs just told me that at the hen party she went too a couple of weeks back one of the other ladies (who I know by name only) was really flirty and touchy feely with her. This lady has recently split with her husband. She just showed me a picture, OMG absolutely stunning.

Now, how to instigate the threesome? 

You've seen the relationship advice thread right? I'm not sure VT is the right place for guidance on scoring a 3 way :D

• Like 1

A mate of mine when he started seeing a woman who is now his wife, who had a large number of lesbian friends, suggested very seriously, and this was maybe 2 weeks into their relationship, that a threesome should go down, regardless of the fact that one of the party was not attracted to women and another was not attracted to men, he persisted to the point, future wife ended up punching current husband in the face. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Chindie said:

A mattress is surely one of those things you need to actually go try out. Once you've found something comfortable in your price range everything else doesn't really matter.

they all give this 100 night sleep try out thing whereby you can return it if you're not happy with it.

I bought a King Size from IKEA 2 months ago when we moved house. It was cheap cheerful and absolutely fine.  No need for turning over periodically either I have experienced horrendous mattress' in the past which has probably meant I am more grateful for even half way normal mattress' so it depends what your standards are but I've slept very well on it so far. 

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Just seen that ruby (or pink) coloured chocolate that they reckon is hitting uk soon. Is it me but chocolate should be Brown!

It already comes in white, mate.

• Like 2

Â