General Chat

Stevo985

12 hours ago, Sid4ever said:

Brie Larson, Skull Island, Oscar winner, is that the Brie famous on these shores or am I just confused 

I found the film a bit cheesy to be honest 

Has anyone been to someone elses house regularly as guests and never been offered a drink or brought out a snack like crisps, biscuits or nuts? 

But they always come to yours and expect a drink or snacks?

5 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Me and the kids are staying at my mums tonight in my old room with all my old villa/music posters still up. We do it every now and again for some reason. Takeaway, film and the three of us squashed in my old bed. 

These are the moments I deprive myself of by not having kids. Nice one, Ruge.

23 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Has anyone been to someone elses house regularly as guests and never been offered a drink or brought out a snack like crisps, biscuits or nuts? 

thats just rude!

One of the interesting things about teaching English as a second language here in the UK is getting to see western culture through the eyes of people from different parts of the world, and then realising how **** bizarre it is when you have to try to explain it. 

I had to explain Judge Judy and Jerry Springer to a Chinese couple today. Where do you even start?

• Like 1

People getting KRAAAAAAAAA-ZEEEEEEEEE in on east coast of USA with blizzard warning. Panic buying in our local shops. Just saw a woman put three huge cases of bottled water in her grocery cart. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos

On 11/03/2017 at 14:08, Demitri_C said:

My best friends wife always stashes whatever I bring over. I'd never turn up empty handed when invited for dinner but the unwritten rule is that you bring a drink or a box of chocolates and they get consumed while you're there. Every single time, they go in the cupboard. And to make it worse, when they come to me, they turn up without anything.

The fact that I'm feeding four of them and they're feeding just me makes the (inappropriate) sense of injustice even worse.

23 hours ago, choffer said:

My best friends wife always stashes whatever I bring over. I'd never turn up empty handed when invited for dinner but the unwritten rule is that you bring a drink or a box of chocolates and they get consumed while you're there. Every single time, they go in the cupboard. And to make it worse, when they come to me, they turn up without anything.

The fact that I'm feeding four of them and they're feeding just me makes the (inappropriate) sense of injustice even worse.

Yeah this is happening with someone I know. I sid to my gf I'm not taking them jack shit anymore. 

I know you don't give to receive by my gosh talk about stingy 

4 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Rejoining my old bowling league tonight. Polished my ball last night (make your own jokes) in preparation. Can't wait. Been about 3 years so probably gonna be shit at it again.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Â