General Chat

Stevo985

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

So weird story of the day. Was in a restaurant and a attractive girl is sitting there then all of a sudden a man comes in and throws a cake in her face and says that's for cheating on me. A massive argument takes place and he gets arrested ...for assault! Since when is the cake incident assault?!

the worlds gone mad

I hope it wasn't a cake from the discount aisle at a local supermarket ............:trollface:

13 hours ago, Xela said:

I think I speak for most people mate, when I say, what kind of cake was it?

Chocolate? Victoria sponge? Coffee and walnut? Lemon drizzle?

Technically, you don't need to touch someone to assault someone. 

I can't see or hear about anyone being hit in the face with a cake anymore without cringing horribly.

Did I tell this story on here? Probably, but I'll tell it again.

Went to a wedding last year. One of the guys there who I sort of know (friend of a friend) had been at a wedding a month before. it was Majorca I think (some hot island anyway).
Anyway, the cake at said wedding was cream. They took some pictures at the end of the night next to the cake, then someone tasted some of the cream icing and, as it was a hot day and the cake had been sat out, it had gone off.

That's a shame. But as the camera was there, someone came up with the idea of putting someone's face into the cake, comedy style, and get a couple of good pictures.

Great idea. So this girl volunteered to do it.

So the camera man starts snapping, this girl plunges her face into the cake and immediately lets out a horrifying scream, brings her head up and there's blood **** everywhere.

Turns out there was a metal spike running up through the cake to hold the tiers together and this girl had plunged her face into it.

LUCKILY (I guess) the spike hit her nose, slid into her eye, but missed her eyeball. So lots of blood and horror but as she hadn't done it THAT hard, no lasting damage.

Sounds a bit far fetched, but it's either true or the guy telling me this story and his girlfriend are brilliant actors, because I could tell from their faces that it had left an impression on them. His girlfriend especially looked physically sick when he was telling me.

So yeah, now if I ever hear of anyone getting a cake to the face I squirm.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I can't see or hear about anyone being hit in the face with a cake anymore without cringing horribly.

Did I tell this story on here? Probably, but I'll tell it again.

Went to a wedding last year. One of the guys there who I sort of know (friend of a friend) had been at a wedding a month before. it was Majorca I think (some hot island anyway).
Anyway, the cake at said wedding was cream. They took some pictures at the end of the night next to the cake, then someone tasted some of the cream icing and, as it was a hot day and the cake had been sat out, it had gone off.

That's a shame. But as the camera was there, someone came up with the idea of putting someone's face into the cake, comedy style, and get a couple of good pictures.

Great idea. So this girl volunteered to do it.

So the camera man starts snapping, this girl plunges her face into the cake and immediately lets out a horrifying scream, brings her head up and there's blood **** everywhere.

Turns out there was a metal spike running up through the cake to hold the tiers together and this girl had plunged her face into it.

LUCKILY (I guess) the spike hit her nose, slid into her eye, but missed her eyeball. So lots of blood and horror but as she hadn't done it THAT hard, no lasting damage.

Sounds a bit far fetched, but it's either true or the guy telling me this story and his girlfriend are brilliant actors, because I could tell from their faces that it had left an impression on them. His girlfriend especially looked physically sick when he was telling me.

So yeah, now if I ever hear of anyone getting a cake to the face I squirm.

Thanks a lot, that'll be tonight's nightmare sorted 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

So weird story of the day. Was in a restaurant and a attractive girl is sitting there then all of a sudden a man comes in and throws a cake in her face and says that's for cheating on me. A massive argument takes place and he gets arrested ...for assault! Since when is the cake incident assault?!

the worlds gone mad

No, that would have been assault in the old world too.  You should test it out on a stranger today.  Buy any old cake and chuck it in a passer-by's face.  See what happens.  And no, the fact she knew him doesn't change anything.

• Like 3

There was a gif like that doing the rounds not long ago, source of which is on youtube I imagine. Very similar to as described, woman plants her face in to cake as a joke, reels back in horror, there's a spike in the cake! Ahahaha.

14 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I don't know if there are any genuine stone cold stunners in there (the Bowie ones maybe) but the record store day list is a really good one for me, going to be expensive 

Not really, Animal Collective and the Integrity remaster were the only things that really piqued my interest.

42 minutes ago, hogso said:

Not really, Animal Collective and the Integrity remaster were the only things that really piqued my interest.

thats the thing with it, its really horses for courses, theres more i want this year than any other year i can remember, will be in the queue at 6.30am, i really want that white man in hammersmith apollo vinyl and the ocean colour scene live album

5 hours ago, BOF said:

No, that would have been assault in the old world too.  You should test it out on a stranger today.  Buy any old cake and chuck it in a passer-by's face.  See what happens.  And no, the fact she knew him doesn't change anything.

What about if a woman does it yo a man, would the same thing apply? I am sure a police officer would laugh at me if I was going to a police station and say that had happened to me!

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Can you get a woman to do it to you and then report it and let me know how that goes :mrgreen:

I think literally asking someone to do it might prejudice the judgement :P 

So I've cooked a chilli and I'm taking half in a lunch box for my lunch at work tomorrow. Stupid question but do I need to freeze it if I'm eating it tomorrow lunchtime or do I just leave it in the fridge once cooled? I'm having a blonde moment.

12 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

So I've cooked a chilli and I'm taking half in a lunch box for my lunch at work tomorrow. Stupid question but do I need to freeze it if I'm eating it tomorrow lunchtime or do I just leave it in the fridge once cooled? I'm having a blonde moment.

Chilli in a fridge is fine for even 2 days (I'd go for 3 personally) as long as it's blasted properly in a microwave (stir midway or the insides could stay luke warm!).  I only freeze it if I don't plan on eating it for weeks.

• Like 2

Hey guys, I don't know why this hasn't been done before, but I had rare chicken today.  It's amazing!

Just cut thin slices of raw chicken breast, season and voila! A beautifully delicate taste sensation.

People eat rare beef all the time.  I had some chicken breasts lying around and thought "Why not chicken!?" - boy did it taste good!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Hey guys, I don't know why this hasn't been done before, but I had rare chicken today.  It's amazing!

Just cut thin slices of raw chicken breast, season and voila! A beautifully delicate taste sensation.

People eat rare beef all the time.  I had some chicken breasts lying around and thought "Why not chicken!?" - boy did it taste good!

I've only just realised there's a difference between rare and raw...but I don't know what is it.

I know roar beef is an angry cow, but what's the difference between raw and rare? Or is it tomato/tomato?

42 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

R_Isocp5.jpg

• Like 3

Â