General Chat

Stevo985

Not to mention that it's kind of what one religion in particular is built upon. I, for one, welcome our new overlord Tom Cruise. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Not to mention that it's kind of what one religion in particular is built upon. I, for one, welcome our new overlord Tom Cruise. 

Thought he was dead, he exploded spontaniously a couple of months ago.

• Like 2

I saw a big punch up on Fazeley Street earlier.  Looked like it was a bunch of people who had spilled out of a wedding reception at Digbeth Banqueting Hall.  Always something satisfying about seeing people at a wedding fight.  

13 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Mate at work from Sierra Leone, his dad died a few years ago, his wife nearly died from cancer last year, his mom died just after Christmas. He'd just come to terms with all of that, gotten a new car, wife on the mend, both kids doing great etc... then found out his step dad & cousin had died two weeks ago unexpectedly. He went back to Sierra Leone straight away to help the family sort stuff out, been over there for over a week.

Due to fly back to the UK today but we just found out he was run over and killed waiting for the taxi to the airport. 44. Kids & Wife back in UK. After all his family have been through and how he has supported them, looked after them, been the Rock and spine for them with no medals, no celebration, no fanfare, no fuss. Gone.

Life is fragile guys, use it well.

Jesus Christ, terrible

1 hour ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

Found my first few grey hairs this week. Reality hit hard.

Wait a few years, and this will all seem like a nice little memory.

5 hours ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

Found my first few grey hairs this week. Reality hit hard.

They've probably been there a while to be honest, she's just stopped shaving it.

I suspect this is all about Clinton, who has a long-standing interest in aliens and has previously promised to declassify documents about Area 51 when elected. It's an odd interest of hers, and not at all expected, but it's one of the few things I find humanises her slightly. 

EDIT: For example:

Clinton Campaign on Aliens and Area 51: "The American People Can Handle the Truth"

. . . in which Clinton surrogate John Podesta discusses Clinton's promise to declassify relevant government documents etc. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

51 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I suspect this is all about Clinton, who has a long-standing interest in aliens and has previously promised to declassify documents about Area 51 when elected. It's an odd interest of hers, and not at all expected, but it's one of the few things I find humanises her slightly. 

EDIT: For example:

Clinton Campaign on Aliens and Area 51: "The American People Can Handle the Truth"

. . . in which Clinton surrogate John Podesta discusses Clinton's promise to declassify relevant government documents etc. 

Quite famously Bill was fascinated by aliens and regularly referenced them in speeches, to the extent a few nutters actually think he hinted that they existed a few times. He loved metaphors about 'if we knew there were aliens it there right now we wouldn't be fighting about this' apparently.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I might move to Tamworth. Is it nice?

@Genie, I'm looking at you...

I think its pretty much good and bad depending on the particular area. Get a lot of property for your money though compared to neighbouring Lichfield

I won't be buying. Not yet anyway.

Lichfield and Sutton Coldfield are on the list too. 

I'd prefer Sutton but there seems to be little in the way of rental properties (nice ones anyway)

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Where do they store Nicholas Witchell when we don't need to be told how old and regal and liked the queen is?

I know this should be in Rubbish Claims to Fame, but my wife's best mate shared a house with said N. Witchell when they were students. 

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I won't be buying. Not yet anyway.

Lichfield and Sutton Coldfield are on the list too. 

I'd prefer Sutton but there seems to be little in the way of rental properties (nice ones anyway)

Streetly might be worth a look... its practically Sutton anyway. Aldridge is decent as well.

What's your budget / property preference if you don't mind me asking? 

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Streetly might be worth a look... its practically Sutton anyway. Aldridge is decent as well.

What's your budget / property preference if you don't mind me asking? 

At least 2 bedroom, up to £900 a month (I'm pushing for a little higher than that but the gf will need convincing!). Not too fussed about flat or house. 

Parking for 2 cars.

That's about the criteria :) 

Â