General Chat

Stevo985

Why it's so **** wet all the time at the moment? It's supposed to be summer FFS. 

We had a flash flood at work. Ceiling crashed down in one of the rooms, water literally gushing down. We're on the second floor of a six-floor building. 

13 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Why it's so **** wet all the time at the moment? It's supposed to be summer FFS. 

We had a flash flood at work. Ceiling crashed down in one of the rooms, water literally gushing down. We're on the second floor of a six-floor building. 

• Like 1

On 14 June 2016 at 16:57, Davkaus said:

We just had about 10 minutes of the heaviest rain I've ever seen in Nottingham, there's a good 3-4 inches of standing water in the road outside.

Yup, drove home in it an hour or so ago. Should take ten minutes out of the city centre, took half an hour. When I got close to my road there were a few dips flooded with a few inches of rain already. Mental.

I mean, you can't get there faster than if you'd left earlier and been stuck in traffic on that specific day, but the assumption is that the levels of traffic are the same every day, which obviously isn't correct. You could easily get there earlier, leaving later, on days on which the traffic doesn't happen to be as bad as the previous day on which you'd sat there in traffic for considerably longer.

Taking over twice as long for a very short commute, yeah, that sounds like Nottingham alright :P 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, useless said:

Longest day of the year, before the nights start drawing in.

I don't think the nights start drawing in for another few days yet (depending on where you live).

Edited by snowychap

Does Private Eye still do "Pseud's Corner"? Just get this classic about Rupert Bear annuals in Saturday's Guardian review section: 

"Rupert's pages are full of the chthonic unquiet; the weird figure, including that ambulatory tree and Raggety, the avatar of unfriendly undergrowth; hedgerow gnosis; and, repeatedly, the existentially destabilising dark sublime. Nutwood is a place of the most thoroughgoing, frankly twee picturesque - and it borders an infinite void". 

:rolleyes:

44 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

New mayor Rome.

Twice on a Sunday.

I'd Raggi her Virginia.

Eh? Eh? 

• Like 1

What are everyone's favourite threads? Mine are:

1. Piss you off thread

2. Cheer you up thread

3. Relationship thread

Then it varies between General, Things you don't get, Things you wonder and the TV and films ones. 

12 hours ago, Xela said:

What are everyone's favourite threads? Mine are:

1. Piss you off thread

2. Cheer you up thread

3. Relationship thread

Then it varies between General, Things you don't get, Things you wonder and the TV and films ones. 

Some time back, somebody pointed out that the two threads I post most in were Piss You Off and Cheer You Up. So I'll go with them. Plus a soft spot for Do You Read, Running and Musicians. 

Edited by mjmooney

Â