General Chat

Stevo985

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I might move to Tamworth. Is it nice?

@Genie, I'm looking at you...

Hi mate, like anywhere there's good and bad areas but I'm general I think it's nice.

The retail park (Ventura) is really a victim of its own success, it's grown and grown and grown and still more keeps getting added which makes navigating the roads around it a pain at the weekend, but on the flip side it has all the shops you need in 1 place.

The castle grounds are nice, it has the snow dome, reasonable selection of bars for a nightout too. There are far worse places to live. 

Give me a shout if you see a property you're interested in and I'll give you the lowdown on the immediate area.

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

I know this should be in Rubbish Claims to Fame, but my wife's best mate shared a house with said N. Witchell when they were students. 

What happened?

Who did he upset to go from the 9 O'Clock News main man to the royal correspondent?

Charles dissed him on mic years ago - They obviously don't like him, and he's still there!

BBC rubbing both parties' noses in it :P

23 minutes ago, Genie said:

Where did you live? 

Grew up in Wilnecote/Hockley.  How about you?

Although my view might be tainted/exaggerated by home town loathing I genuinely think Sutton and Lichfield are nicer options.

6 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Grew up in Wilnecote/Hockley.  How about you?

Although my view might be tainted/exaggerated by home town loathing I genuinely think Sutton and Lichfield are nicer options.

I live right on the edge, near Polesworth / North Warwick Cricket club. Sutton is generally nice but even that has some very ropey areas, from what I've seen of Lichfield it looks nice but the town is dieing and so are most of the people who live there, it's a very old local population. 

Lichfield has some really grim areas. My mom's family hails from there and yeah, there's good spots and there's were they came from.

Sutton and Aldridge are fine. Aldridge suffers a bit for being gods waiting room in my experience, Sutton is bigger than many people think, you can buy and rent in areas that get you a Sutton address but may not be where you think of initially when you think Sutton.

Sutton is definitely my preference.

Goi g to view a place in Tamworth though just because the house is really nice. No idea what the area is like, but It's in Dosthill (north of it, near Wilnecote station)

Edited by Stevo985

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Goi g to view a place in Tamworth though just because the house is really nice. No idea what the area is like, but It's in Dosthill (north of it, near Wilnecote station)

Dosthill is actually decent, some great piss ups on Dosthill Park aged 15 :P

But really it's not bad there.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I grew up in Dosthill, my parents still live there (near the Fox pub). It's certainly one of the nicer areas (although there is a bit of a rough part of Dosthill too).

The primary school has a very good reputation if you're potentially thinking of popping out a baby Stevo :-)

Dosthill is nice. I know about 5/6 teachers who work at the primary school. It's an outstanding school.

Lichfield is generally nice, but has some very dodgy areas. Mostly around an area called the Dimbles.

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Eurgh Dosthill Colts were proper clearings in the woods!

• Like 1

Â