General Chat

Stevo985

3 hours ago, useless said:

Pretty quiet there, but worth a flying visit.

Easily do a day of mooching there Useless, not as big as bridgnorth but I filled a weekend once (afternoons spent in the pub)  

• Like 1

One of the bookshops was voted best Independent bookshop in the UK a few years ago, and it's not even the best bookshop in Wenlock high street. Also the queues at the butchers gets ridiculously long especially at Christmas.

Another weird thing about Wenlock, is that vicar goes around with no shoes and socks on, even in the winter when there's snow/ice on the ground.

Edited by useless

9 hours ago, Kingman said:

Borussia Dortmund: 54,916 fans renewed their season ticket and only 87 didn't. 99,6% renewed. 

I call bullshit. You'd expect an average annual mortality rate of nearly 10x that figure in that sample size.

33 minutes ago, limpid said:

I call bullshit. You'd expect an average annual mortality rate of nearly 10x that figure in that sample size.

I heard a similar stat about Man Utd a few years ago, Apparently they reckon 1 in 10 historical season ticket holders are brown bread. 

Just passed on to other family members to run with and avoid the waiting lists.

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

Blimey. Watching New Order at Glastonbury on the Beeb, they sparked up Love Will Tear Us Apart... all i can think is Hook might have been right to bugger off. Morris is the only one who still looks upto to it.

• Like 1

26 years ago today (26/6/90 David Platt scores that rememberable over-the-shoulder volley against Belgium. 

I Watched it in a Bar in Cyprus and the place erupted :D 

Happy Days!

Edited by Kingman

On 22 June 2016 at 17:09, Designer1 said:

We went to Shugborough recently and had a decent day out, that's around an hours drive iirc (I think we live in the same vicinity iirc)

I'll ask the wife when I get back in as she's the Queen of day trips and I tend to lose track of the places we go to :)

***EDIT*** Ironbridge is pretty cool too, plenty of different museums etc and Blists Hill Victorian Village is great.

The Great British Food Festival, takes place at The Shugborough Estate over 9-10th July.

Went last year but eat and drank far to much lol, 

Was sent half price admission voucher link again this year that you can all use if interested. 

http://www.travelzoo.com/uk/local-deals/Staffordshire/Other/221663?tz_adid=2275154 

Some of the events taking place this year… 

Above link will get you...

• For £4.50 each, you'll get two adult tickets and a recipe booklet to share
  • This year you can enjoy live culinary demonstrations, Men vs Food challenges, cake-offs, entertainment for the little ones, live music and guided forager walks
  • In 2014 the festival made it on to Condé Nast Traveller's list of the UK's best food festivals
  • It's a great day out for the whole family -- under-5s go free, and children's entertainment includes a circus-skills workshop, cookery classes and rides 

http://www.greatbritishfoodfestival.com/shugborough.asp 

Enjoy!

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Chindie said:

Blimey. Watching New Order at Glastonbury on the Beeb, they sparked up Love Will Tear Us Apart... all i can think is Hook might have been right to bugger off. Morris is the only one who still looks upto to it.

I watched a few minutes of their set, thought dear oh dear and went off and did something else.

I wouldn't have been happy with that quality from a tribute band. I'd certainly expect after 30 or 40 years that Sumner would understand how to breath whilst singing, regardless of the quality of the singing voice.

On 22 June 2016 at 18:38, chrisp65 said:

822747d882576c8577153066160a3b80.jpg

apparently they've got spunky the penis whale up at Fleetwood, might be worth a look

Fleetwood is, er, um, well, it's better than Blackpool. It has a reasonable beer festival and a shopping centre "Freeport" which sells cheap goods. The cricket club is decent, on and they've got a football team that's one of these non-league clubs pumped up with cash that's now in the football league. But, no, not really worth a look.

13 hours ago, Kingman said:

26 years ago today (26/6/90 David Platt scores that rememberable over-the-shoulder volley against Belgium. 

I Watched it in a Bar in Cyprus and the place erupted :D 

Happy Days!

I was behind the goal that.  It was good.

• Like 2

Old man just drove into Mrs H's car

as she was talking to him I could hear him saying there's nothing wrong with it and then got in the car and drove off

Luckily she had taken my advice and taken photo's of his car and a witness nearby just also offered to help her 

But what's the betting the old bill wont even give a monkeys even though technically he's just left the scene of an accident

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

Old man just drove into Mrs H's car

as she was talking to him I could hear him saying there's nothing wrong with it and then got in the car and drove off

Luckily she had taken my advice and taken photo's of his car and a witness nearby just also offered to help her 

But what's the betting the old bill wont even give a monkeys even though technically he's just left the scene of an accident

They will. If you got his registration number, and he's just driven off without swapping detail, they'll 100% do something about it. 

I bet he probably voted out too, the old word removed. 

• Like 3

Â