General Chat

Stevo985

Cool. Glad to hear I'd be in the nice area :) The house is a bit North of that area. About a mile up the road.

44 minutes ago, Genie said:

I grew up in Dosthill, my parents still live there (near the Fox pub). It's certainly one of the nicer areas (although there is a bit of a rough part of Dosthill too).

The primary school has a very good reputation if you're potentially thinking of popping out a baby Stevo :-)

Haha, certainly no time soon!

Edited by Stevo985

23 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Cool. Glad to hear I'd be in the nice area :) The house is a bit North of that area. About a mile up the road.

Haha, certainly no time soon!

Do you have a street name? :ph34r:

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep.

How am  I meant to stalk you if....

I was trying to find if it's on the Blackwood Road estate which is pretty nice.

Edited by Wainy316

Just now, Stevo985 said:

It's not, but it's very close. Other side of the Dosthill Road

I'm talking about this as if I've moved in :D Haven't even seen the place yet

The estate that is named after fish? Its quite nice over there.

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Cottage Farm road estate, I lost my pogs there.  Bad times.

Known locally as "the fish bowl".

Its a great location tbh, drive up towards kingsbury and you're on the M42, walk up the road 5 mins and you're at the train station, you've got the Tesco garage/shop 2 mins down the road. Over the road you've got the huge Dosthill park.

Only downside is the speed camera's on the road leading to that estate. Its a fairly quick 30mph road so often nearly catches me out.

Edited by Genie

24 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

Passed my second year of uni with 74.4%, very happy because I was certain I was going to have a few resits!

Weakest mark was for the group project, surprise surprise. **** hate relying on others.

Group work to me always seemed like a joke at Uni. You always had one or two blaggers.

24 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Cottage Farm had a football team as well didn't they?

Oh my god I remember Cottage farm. We played in a tournament against them when I was about 9 and we found their team name hilarious.

Think we smashed them too.

2 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Group work to me always seemed like a joke at Uni. You always had one or two blaggers.

We had 7 blaggers, in a group of 10. I know what we got penalised for, and it was the dogshit presentation that those guys did. The three of us did 90% of the work for the damned project, doing all the maths and designing and building a glider over a couple of months. These **** only had to prepare a 15-minute presentation and they left it till the last few days and it was garbage.

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

Oh my god I remember Cottage farm. We played in a tournament against them when I was about 9 and we found their team name hilarious.

Think we smashed them too.

Cottage Farm Rangers I think it was. 

I can't mock to be honest. I played for Belgrave Bullets and then we became Belgrave Sports & Social.

Also, when I played for the Tamworth and Warwickshire district our kit was bright purple with a McDonalds sponsor so I was either playing for a team with a silly name or a team with a silly kit.

3 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

We had 7 blaggers, in a group of 10. I know what we got penalised for, and it was the dogshit presentation that those guys did. The three of us did 90% of the work for the damned project, doing all the maths and designing and building a glider over a couple of months. These **** only had to prepare a 15-minute presentation and they left it till the last few days and it was garbage.

The thing that annoyed me was that even though jobs were designated they still received the same grade as us even if their part was inadequate.

• Like 1

Â