The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

watched some films over last few days

The Jerk is still a funny film even if a bit aged

The Relic was actually entertaining as was expecting to be rubbish

the watched A lonely Place to Die which is just a random Scottish film about eastern european kidnappers. was interesting

Incredibly quotable is Glengarry. Brilliant movie. Baldwin steals the show.

Always be closing, I say that all the time.

"That watch costs more than your car!"

Recently watched Frozen Ground 7/10

The Internship 6.5/10

To be honest was pleasantly surprised by both but was going in not expecting much, as was just so bored (and hungry for popcorn) that I'd go to the cinema the first with the missus and the second with my 13 year old brother. 

Helen Mirren though, still would.

Those words are are only acceptable from the mouth of Mike Mooney followed by "as I like younger women "

For the rest of us no , just No

• Like 1

Was always intrigued to see if Red was as bad as I'd imagined. Just sat through it on film4 and it was.

Helen Mirren though, still would.

I thought Red was quite entertaining enough though probably didnt deserve a sequel

Neprijatelj

Found this film on Youtube and thought it was absolutely brilliant. 

The story begins a couple of days after the Bosnian war has ended. A group of Serbian soldiers in charge of clearing the fields from mines discover a man sealed inside a factory's basement. The mysterious man says he is "theirs", he doesn't freeze, isn't hungry and only asks for cigarettes. As soon as he is brought along, people start disappearing, and the infighting begins. Who is the mysterious man?

New Thor: The Dark World trailer dropped today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npvJ9FTgZbM

It's lacking... something somehow. It could be a good thing and they're not giving it all away in the trailers (unfortunately at least one of the films big moments is so obvious they don't even try to hide it), or the whole film might be a bit lacklustre. Also some of the CGI looks shit. Still, 2 months from release, theres time, especially as it's been a fairly troubled production. But it looks ok and looks like it want's to play with Thor's universe a little more than the first did with it's fish out of water story. Not sure about the flanging on Ecclestons voice either.

This isn't the footage ComicCon audiences saw a couple of weeks back, either - that had a few notable moments that this trailer certainly does not have.

• Like 1

Very disappointed with Ice Age : Continental Drift (currently showing on Sky Movies). I usually lap up animations, particularly the high-end stuff but this was too busy. It tried too much and was poorly executed despite having some clever ideas. TBH I'd give it a miss and it also smacked of a film that won't (or maybe shouldn't) have a sequel.

• Like 1

Watching Of Mice and Men. Read the book in school. It's getting to the part that I'm not looking forward to. Maybe if I turn it off now it'll all be ok

Back from Alan Partridge

Didn't think it could sustain a feature length version but by and large it did

Some great gags ,some lost on the younger people in the audience making the most of student layabout Wednesday or whatever its called ... Concerned that one or two of them didn't seem to know who JFK was or at least get the gag

Some good proper laugh out loud moments as you would expect from Partridge ...

• Like 1

Â