The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Now I've watched Flight and I really liked it. And I think that now, Denzel Washington is my favourite actor of all times. Flight, 8/10, Denzel Washington in Flight 9.5/10.

Yesterday I watched The Good, the Bad and the Ugly again for the first time in years. I really like that film. It's the 2nd time I watched the uncut version. The cut off scenes were not that good and I can understand why they were cut off in the first place. But there's something strange with Tuco's voice in those scenes. It's like in the original cut his voice was worked with, which couldn't be done in the edited scenes. Anyone knows anything about that?

Europa Report - 7/10 Not a bad film but kept darting backwards and forwards through the timeline which made it a little hard to work out what was going on and didnt add anything to the film at all.

Most bonkers bit of casting in the last year goes to the reboot of Robocop. Miguel Ferrer has been cast as a character called Vallon, which is the remakes equivalent of Clarence Boddicker in the original. Those with an eagle eye will know that Ferrer plays Bob Morton in the original, the exec who builds Robo... interesting.

On another note, saw Alpha Papa yesterday, really funny. It's about as much as you'd expect story wise from a Tv to Film conversion, but well worth watching.

The gf wanted to see The Heat today. So being the gentlemen I am I obliged her want knowing I probably wouldn't enjoy it. 

It was worse than I expected. The fat unfunny word removed of a woman who was in it needs to die. Sandra Bullock was shit in it. No redeemable features whatsoever. I reckon Fabrice Muamba had a more enjoyable time lying on the white hart lane pitch than i did in that cinema today. 1/10. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

Just watched Mysterious Skin - I think it's fair to say it's not suitable for a first date, and it's difficult to watch in parts, but it's very well done and Joseph Gordon-Levitt is outstanding in it. He did this and Brick back to back, both of which are very, very good; I think he's tremendously underrated as an actor.

Fantastic movie. Very brave, and incredibly well done. Manic, from a few years earlier, makes a nice trio with those two, and is well worth a watch. Zooey Deschanel is in that too, one her first few movies.

I think the more recent roles he's had is indicative of the fact that is is 'rated' just fine. Not bad for the kid from Third Rock from the Sun.

Anyone watch Sharknado on the Sci Fi Channel?

Only got 200k viewers apparently it might sound like a lot but compared to One night in A and E on channel 4 that got 1.2 million :D

Were you one of the lucky ones

Yeah I don't think he is underrated at all, he's widely regarded as a great actor and is only going to get bigger and better imo.

Yep this.

Not underrated at all. Very highly rated, and rightly so.

The Lone Ranger

2/10

Damn this movie blows

I liked John Carter better...

Why do Disney continue to waste huge amounts of money on such crap movies...

I cannot wait for the new Star Wars movies...

After the news of Bruce Willis being fired from "Expendables 3" for wanting $4m for 4 days work and being replaced by Harrison Ford, Sly tweets these.

Sylvester Stallone ✔ @TheSlyStallone

WILLIS OUT... HARRISON FORD IN !!!! GREAT NEWS !!!!! Been waiting years for this!!!!

GREEDY AND LAZY ...... A SURE FORMULA FOR CAREER FAILURE

Here is Willis recently being an ignorant dick to a DJ..

Grown Ups 2. If ever a movie didnt need a sequel its that

I agree but then a quick look at the profits of the original tells me why. It cost $80m to make and got $271m at the box office. I think the movie-going public need to hang their heads in shame :P

Grown Ups 2. If ever a movie didnt need a sequel its that

I agree but then a quick look at the profits of the original tells me why. It cost $80m to make and got $271m at the box office. I think the movie-going public need to hang their heads in shame :P

People just don't care what they see. They just go to the cinema and pick something that's on and watch it.

The decision to go to the movies happens irrespective of what's on. So the onus is on movie studios to churn out generic stuff.

After the news of Bruce Willis being fired from "Expendables 3" for wanting $4m for 4 days work and being replaced by Harrison Ford, Sly tweets these.

WILLIS OUT... HARRISON FORD IN !!!! GREAT NEWS !!!!! Been waiting years for this!!!!

GREEDY AND LAZY ...... A SURE FORMULA FOR CAREER FAILURE

Here is Willis recently being an ignorant dick to a DJ..

Nothing sly about them, straight to the point...

Yeah, I know...

tumblr_mhe2m9x2im1qjcoy6o1_500.jpg

• Like 1

Â