The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Adam Sandler films are great fun. Zohan, Big Daddy, Mr Deeds, Billy Maddison. Loved them all.

Saw 'Now you see me' at the cinema on Saturday night. Very entertaining.

Also, on Captain America and Thor.. fantastic films. The Avengers rule!

I liked Big Daddy.

Most of the rest of his films are guff though.

I agree about Thor ^. I don't understand it either. Just dont watch Captain America... it's literally a 0.5/10 type film. Terrible.

Watched The Iceman last night. Thought it was good, would have been better as a TV series though, moved too fast.

Lol I seen captain America and your right it's possibly worse. You get people saying it's popcorn entertainment but it's not even that. Complete utter rubbish, Boring as well. Aimed at kids and morons.

Yeah, see previous posts in this thread for my opinion on comic book films

They're usually shit

I hope Adam Sandler goes bankrupt, gains 300 pounds and **** off from public view forever.

Unfunny git who peddles crap to people who must think lazy, crude writing passes for humour.

Awful, awful, awful.

in fairness he should be praised that he has made so much money on such limited talent. doesnt say much for humanity

Adam Sandler films are great fun. Zohan, Big Daddy, Mr Deeds, Billy Maddison. Loved them all.

Saw 'Now you see me' at the cinema on Saturday night. Very entertaining.

Also, on Captain America and Thor.. fantastic films. The Avengers rule!

Our opinion on movies can be described as polar opposite.

Go see Grown Ups 2, you'll love it.

Dredd - 8/10. Thought it was great. Really violent, balls to the wall action. Solid film. Karl Urban was brilliant as Dredd. Liked the visuals as well. Wouldn't mind seeing a follow up.

Iron Man 3 - 7/10. Not as good as the first one. Boat loads better than the second.

Man of Steel - 7/10. Zack Snyder is a brilliant visual director, but the story in this was lacking. A few plot holes and some cringe worthy one-liners. I would've thought that Nolan's inclusion would have helped in shaping a better story; unfortunately not. The action was superb though. Loved that aspect of the film. The total carnage and collateral damage was mind boggling. Action-wise, it's what I would've imagined a fight between God-like characters to be. I'm looking forward to the next one though.

Watched There's Something About Mary the other night, first time for a good while. Still funny.

Brett Favre is the greatest lost block of wood of our generation :P

Sorted for accuracy!!  ;)

I liked Big Daddy.

Lol I seen captain America and your right it's possibly worse. You get people saying it's popcorn entertainment but it's not even that. Complete utter rubbish, Boring as well. Aimed at kids and morons.

They're usually shit

I think it's fair enough to have that opinion about any group of films and at least you're respectful about it. To label anyone who likes them "morons", when there's a large group of us on here that do enjoy them, is out of order though. 

I liked Big Daddy.

They're usually shit

I think it's fair enough to have that opinion about any group of films and at least you're respectful about it. To label anyone who likes them "morons", when there's a large group of us on here that do enjoy them, is out of order though. 

Oh I agree totally. I didn't actually see that bit of Donnie's post.

So to clarify, I agree with his opinion of the quality of comic book films, but I don't agree with his opinion of the type of people who enjoy them.

I really do not understand Adam Sandler. Reign Over Me... he's fantastic in it! Everything else.... uuuuurrrgghhh!

His stupid annoying fake voice just drives me mad. He's not remotely funny... well... it's just really dumb stupid humour aimed at 10 year olds. Like fart jokes. 

Edited by PieFacE

We've had this conversation in this thread before but the reason I get so annoyed at Adam Sandler is because he can act. Punch Drunk Love and Reign Over Me proved that. He just chooses to be a very rich word removed instead and churn out braindead shite with absolutely zero artistic credit.

We've had this conversation in this thread before but the reason I get so annoyed at Adam Sandler is because he can act. Punch Drunk Love and Reign Over Me proved that. He just chooses to be a very rich word removed instead and churn out braindead shite with absolutely zero artistic credit.

You'd think though he'd get to a stage in his career where he doesn't need any more money.

Imagine if he started making loads of indie films now. That would be pretty awesome to see him try a few different roles. 

I get what Designer is saying but I do find it hard to criticise someone because they make a ton of money. If acting was a vocation maybe, but it's not. He has found a niche and it works very very well for him. Oh and I forgot about The Waterboy. I enjoyed that too :D

Veering away from Sandler.

I watched "Wreck It Ralph" the other day. Loved it.

The other kid's films like Despicable Me and Madagascar and all those other Dreamworks stuff are decent.

But Disney/Pixar are way out in front aren't they?

• Like 2

Pixar, absolutely a mile ahead. Although Despicable Me and Madagascar are probably 2 of the best examples of Dreamworks stuff that there is. I find the animation largely to be much of a muchness between them all. It's the stories that set them apart. Some of my mates are animators/artists so they look at the stuff from a technical POV. They loved Kung-Fu panda when it came out and geeked out over Frankenweenie.

Â