The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

After the news of Bruce Willis being fired from "Expendables 3" for wanting $4m for 4 days work and being replaced by Harrison Ford, Sly tweets these.

Sylvester Stallone ✔ @TheSlyStallone

WILLIS OUT... HARRISON FORD IN !!!! GREAT NEWS !!!!! Been waiting years for this!!!!

GREEDY AND LAZY ...... A SURE FORMULA FOR CAREER FAILURE

Here is Willis recently being an ignorant dick to a DJ..

I was listening to the film bit on Radio 1 the other day and the girl who does it (I think her name's Rhianna (not that one)) and she said she knew this radio dj from that video and went in after him, and as he came out he was absolutely devastated. That actress admits she hasn't even watched her own movie. And they're meant to be selling this film.

Willis (and that other woman) then proceeded to be a total dick to this Rhianna as well.

In general he just seems to be a bell end. 

Dom from the Moyles show used to go and interview hollywood stars too and they were always a bit silly, but the majority of the time they took it really well. But the couple of times he interviewed Willis he was a dick then as well.

The guy's just obviously a clearing in the woods these days

the worlds end - 5/10

really disappointing IMO not many jokes, takes far too long to get going (doesn't really start till nick frost gets pissed) and simon pegs character is too much of a clearing in the woods to be that central a character, 3 of the 5 don't really add that much IMO some clichéd stories and not enough character

saw a trailer for Clooney's new film the monuments men earlier, looked very good

After the news of Bruce Willis being fired from "Expendables 3" for wanting $4m for 4 days work and being replaced by Harrison Ford, Sly tweets these.

WILLIS OUT... HARRISON FORD IN !!!! GREAT NEWS !!!!! Been waiting years for this!!!!

GREEDY AND LAZY ...... A SURE FORMULA FOR CAREER FAILURE

Here is Willis recently being an ignorant dick to a DJ..

I was listening to the film bit on Radio 1 the other day and the girl who does it (I think her name's Rhianna (not that one)) and she said she knew this radio dj from that video and went in after him, and as he came out he was absolutely devastated. That actress admits she hasn't even watched her own movie. And they're meant to be selling this film.

Willis (and that other woman) then proceeded to be a total dick to this Rhianna as well.

Dom from the Moyles show used to go and interview hollywood stars too and they were always a bit silly, but the majority of the time they took it really well. But the couple of times he interviewed Willis he was a dick then as well.

The guy's just obviously a clearing in the woods these days

I remember when I was about 17 at work my boss had the radio on in the mornings since she liked listening to Moyles. They had Bruce Willis in and they asked him to do a little soundbyte for them, just a "Hey this a Bruce Willis, you're listening to the Chris Moyles show" type thing. Willis said "Do you have a million dollars?". Moyles werent happy, seeing as he'd spent the entire morning promoting his show and he can't even be bothered to say a few words in return!

I only heard of that interview because a radio station over here did a piece on it (the interview, not the film). And they compared an early question in the interview, delivered confidently, with one of the later questions that was delivered stutteringly and from what was clearly at that point a broken man. I know it's easy to say but if I'd been that interviewer, knowing how the interview was going and what Willis was up to, the questions would've changed. Not insulting or anything blatant like tat. Don't wanna lose your job, but he wouldn't have gotten such an easy payday.

It looks like he's being a prick on purpose because the promo is so **** boring. You sit in a room for 2 hours and a new interviewer comes in every 10 minutes to ask the same questions. On a recent Empire interview he was wearing a dressing gown, which was obviously some sort of joke MLP was in on. Either way, he's dicking about, for whatever reason so the studios would be wise to pull him from promo altogether

Anyone seen "Place Beyond the Pines"?

(Thinking about renting it tonight)

yeah its a strange one, effectively split in to 3 acts, the 1st one is really good, the 2nd one will depend on how much you like Bradley cooper, the 3rd one IMO was a bit shit and dragged

worth a watch but its a 6.5/10 decent film rather than a barnstormer

• Like 1

yeah its a strange one, effectively split in to 3 acts, the 1st one is really good, the 2nd one will depend on how much you like Bradley cooper, the 3rd one IMO was a bit shit and dragged

I loved the first, hated the second (for the reason stated above) and admired the third for what it was, cliched as it is. 

It's not "really good", but it is worth a watch. 

Thought the first part was merely OK (having once been a massive fan, Gosling's identikit characters are getting on my tits now). Enjoyed the second part (find Cooper very watchable). Third part was shit IMO. Very little about it rang true and, to an extent, it spoiled the film for me.

Just finished it and I 

Just watched it and agree with you 100%. Cooper is not a particularly impressive actor for me, but he was solid enough. Gosling uses what little skill he has well, again. The brooding tough guy with a soft heart routine...

They should've come up with a better ending for act 2 and wrapped it up. Act 3 was kind of a joke. 

Entertaining flick, nonetheless. Good camera work and use of music. 

It looks like he's being a prick on purpose because the promo is so **** boring. You sit in a room for 2 hours and a new interviewer comes in every 10 minutes to ask the same questions. On a recent Empire interview he was wearing a dressing gown, which was obviously some sort of joke MLP was in on. Either way, he's dicking about, for whatever reason so the studios would be wise to pull him from promo altogether

He's getting millions of dollars to do films and promo is part of it! 

Â