The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Watched The Adam Project the other day. Or Flight of the Adamgator. I liked it. Harmless popcorn watch with the usual Deadpool Ryan Reynolds in it. The best bits were the bits that didn't involve vaporising ironman costumes.

1 hour ago, Bizzzle said:

Loved the new Jackass film but I kinda wished it was a bit longer. I bet there is loads of great unused footage they could have put in

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

High seas? 

At some point it should be on paramount+ 

I acquired this too, took me back to some side splitting fun from 20 years ago, great fun. They are still nuts. Yes v4e, top copies available easily.

• Thanks 1

An American Pickle. 

images.jpeg.62b22516b4db7404149b7398c2bb98b0.jpeg

Started off quite funny and quirky then ended up being like the comeback episode of Goodnight Sweetheart. 

Not too atrocious though, something to watch on a short haul flight or whilst experiening a massive dump.

17 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I liked Cache when I saw it in the cinema, thought it was an interesting take on the whole 'the war always comes home in the end' idea. Haven't watched it in 20 years mind you, so maybe I wouldn't like it as much now.

I rewatched it a couple of years ago and it's still a very good film.

It's not Haneke's best (still a toss up between The White Ribbon and The Piano Teacher for me) but it's certainly worth another viewing.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I rewatched it a couple of years ago and it's still a very good film.

It's not Haneke's best (still a toss up between The White Ribbon and The Piano Teacher for me) but it's certainly worth another viewing.

You should have applied for Barry Norman's job, would have saved us from Wossie. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, useless said:

cache-michael-haneke.gif

Caché (Michael Haneke ) -

tumblr_oekhk3OWgA1soti42o2_540.gifv

Elle (Paul Verhoeven)

Both okay.

Speaking of Paul Verhoeven, watched Starship Troopers again yesterday. Such a classic film imo.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Quick heads up for those that haven't seen it, the rather excellent Boiling Point is now available on Netflix.

spacer.png

Thought this was great, although I'd have preferred

Spoiler

if he'd chinned some of the customers, especially racist guy and those words removed that wanted steak

• Like 1

I was thinking this week that Bruce Willis must have retired as I don't see him in anything of note over the past few films. Turns out he puts out 7 or 8 films a year. They don't seem to do anything. Did he fall from grace?

Just now, Seat68 said:

I was thinking this week that Bruce Willis must have retired as I don't see him in anything of note over the past few films. Turns out he puts out 7 or 8 films a year. They don't seem to do anything. Did he fall from grace?

I seem to remember he was a complete **** whilst on the Stallone Expendables films, maybe something went down between them with the planet Hollywood deals, he though he was the big shot on those ensemble shoots and he prob getting black balled for anything prime. At his peak I really liked him but apart from one or two decent films you need to go back to the fifth element to find a good on.

• Like 1

Â