The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Just now, Rds1983 said:

Marvel has just made a ridiculous amount of films. Endgame had something like 80 odd characters in it and there's been several films and TV shows since then. 

I'm aware . I've seen them all.  I still think the industry is stifling new talent though . Does Van Wilder really have to be in every movie ?    

In the future the only acting roles available will be multiverse variants of existing characters . The concept of death has already been rendered pointless and it's all getting rather stale.

I

• Like 1

He's a producer, not a clue what percentage his company puts in but it means he can get first shot at the lead, his company were producers on deadpool 2, free guy and now this 

I think a lot of that goes on in hollywood, Brad Pitt in world war z for example

Add to that they obviously want very bankable lead actors like Reynolds, the rock etc

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

He's a producer, not a clue what percentage his company puts in but it means he can get first shot at the lead, his company were producers on deadpool 2, free guy and now this 

I think a lot of that goes on in hollywood, Brad Pitt in world war z for example

Add to that they obviously want very bankable lead actors like Reynolds, the rock etc

I'm looking forward to Deadpool playing in the big kids sandpit as much as anybody , it was more of a moan about the industry as a whole really.    

We keep getting the same films over and over with the same actors and it feels like the idea manatees are down to one last ball with the word "apocalytic" on it.

Having just watched The Adam Project I can't say it did anything to change my opinion. 

It's Wade Wilson squared and The Hulk in a time heist with lightsabers and a GOTG soundtrack.    It was a solid bit of fun but I have seen this movie 20 times already.

Edited by Brumerican
  • Like 1

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611f651f6670a3f268143

Starship Troopers - I liked everything about it, special effects, storyline, dialogue, the acting, Denise Richards and Casper Van Dien were especially great.

c4081cadcbbb1dc0f38184c9564ee70308249e43

Suicide Squad 2021 - I don't normally watch superhero movies but I heard this one was good so gave it a go and though it was excellent, I particularly liked how silly and colorful it was.

• Like 2

Disneys new period piece Turning Red

I'm surprised at how on the nose it is so fair play to them, usual Disney affair it's great and well worth a watch but it can't stand out from their own excellent crowd so only comes in at around 8/10

14 minutes ago, useless said:

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611f651f6670a3f268143

Starship Troopers - I liked everything about it, special effects, storyline, dialogue, the acting, Denise Richards and Casper Van Dien were especially great.

c4081cadcbbb1dc0f38184c9564ee70308249e43

Suicide Squad 2021 - I don't normally watch superhero movies but I heard this one was good so gave it a go and though it was excellent, I particularly liked how silly and colorful it was.

Starship Troopers is the best action film of the 90s which is saying something because 90s action film is almost like its own genre, I love it, corridor crew did a 3 minute thing on it a couple of months back with the guest special effects industry worker saying just how influential the bug swarm scenes were and how they still stand up today 

I'd say the same about suicide squad but would add that funnily enough the gif you posted was the films weakest point, her side show story arc was shit

Shiva Baby. Good movie, makes a wake feel like a horror film in a character drama that's stuffed with absolutely repellent people. Clocks in at a slender 77 minutes, but to be honest I coudn't have spent many more minutes in these people's company anyway. Recommended for those who like acerbic Jewish New York humour and don't mind hating everyone on screen.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Once Upon A Time On Hollywood 😂 the final scene is hilarious, absolutely brilliant film. One of Tarantino’s best.

Yeah ….It’s just a shame the rest of the film was a complete snooze fest 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Xela said:

Watched American Beauty the other day, for the first time in years. Still an amazing film. 

It is a very good film, however I heard it pointed out that one of the most pivotal moments in the film (the scene with the army guy watching Kevin Spacey and army guy’s son from afar and getting the wrong idea of what’s going on between them) is pretty much out of the Austin Powers book of visual sight gags.

And that little Carry On-esque moment just leaps out at me now.

JWjn.gif

• Like 1

On 12/03/2022 at 04:37, sharkyvilla said:

I watched Office Space for the first time the other day.  Can't believe I've missed it until now.

Incredible film. Also see Idiocracy from the same Director. Among the most prescient films ever made (and funniest).

• Like 1

Very, very excited about this. As a huge fan of the books and hope they give Mr Gentry an accurate portrayal. Netflix spending a couple of hundred large on it so could be good 

• Thanks 1

Â