The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

49 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Very, very excited about this. As a huge fan of the books and hope they give Mr Gentry an accurate portrayal. Netflix spending a couple of hundred large on it so could be good 

Ana de Armas you say, I think I'll have a peek.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Ana de Armas you say, I think I'll have a peek.

Read the books first Phil, Excellently written with a sense of self depreciating humour with great action 👍

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Im-Thinking-Ending-Things.jpg

I'm Thinking of Ending Things - I liked it a lot, good performances, and sense of mystery all the way through.

Good film. I think Jesse Buckley is a bloody talented actor.

Recommend watching Beast if you haven't watched it @useless - her and Johnny Flynn are both great.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes I thought Jessie Buckley was one of the best things about the movie, I didn't like it as much but I thought she stood out in Lost Daughter as well. I haven't watched it but Wild Rose is another one with her that's meant to be very good.

• Like 2

Just settle down with a bottle of Merlot and the 1972 classic Au pair girls a slap and tickle production. A very young Richard O’Sullivan, Gabriella Drake and even Young Johnny Briggs before he was Mike Baldwin. titillating sexcom

Quite funny worth a watch 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

On 16/03/2022 at 18:30, useless said:

intro-1642978198.jpg

Paper Moon (Peter Bogdanovich) - Enjoyed it a lot, already one of my favorite movies.

As a teenager I watched this and I thought it was one of the best films I had ever seen. I think on Sunday it has to be watched again. 

On 12/03/2022 at 04:37, sharkyvilla said:

I watched Office Space for the first time the other day.  Can't believe I've missed it until now.

A film that despite all the hilariously outdated technology today holds up so well as it captures certain parts of office working brilliantly. Gary Cole is absolutely fantastic. Practically everyone from the film is great though 

• Like 1

On 17/03/2022 at 09:52, Bizzzle said:

Watched the Adam project and thought it was really good and funny too. I love Ryan Reynolds even if he does play the same character in every film. 8/10

I actually think he toned it down a fair bit . The kid was more RR than he was .

It's nothing new but it really is well made fun . Very similar to 80's Amblin stuff.

Rewatched Dunkirk and Dune.

Both state of the art, exquisite films. Sound, set design, photography. The assured editing. The color pallettes. The feels. 

What a war movie and a space movie should be. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Rewatched Dunkirk and Dune.

Both state of the art, exquisite films. Sound, set design, photography. The assured editing. The color pallettes. The feels. 

What a war movie and a space movie should be. 

Absolute masterpiece.

20 hours ago, theunderstudy said:

A film that despite all the hilariously outdated technology today holds up so well as it captures certain parts of office working brilliantly. Gary Cole is absolutely fantastic. Practically everyone from the film is great though 

One of my favorite comedies. So many memorable quotes, scenes and characters.

• Like 1

Â