Jump to content

The Film Thread


DeadlyDirk
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • VT Supporter
2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

I finally watched this last week, what a brilliant film. So good, I wish I could wipe my memory of it and watch it again. 

You can. That’s the beauty of alcohol.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

Just watched Palm Springs again. Sounds stupid but there are actually quite a few scenes at the start that have a bit of pay off for a second viewing. Anyway I think it’s one of the funniest and just nicest films I’ve ever seen, brilliant. I could watch it again right now in an endless loop.

It's superb. Definitely one that would stand up to repeat viewings.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watched Promising Young Women which is quite good and Carey Mulligan looks better than I have ever seen her.

Unfortunately then watched the Kong v Godzilla film which is just a complete mess. A plot would have been a good idea........

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
8 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Just watched Palm Springs again. Sounds stupid but there are actually quite a few scenes at the start that have a bit of pay off for a second viewing. Anyway I think it’s one of the funniest and just nicest films I’ve ever seen, brilliant. I could watch it again right now in an endless loop.

Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


On 18/04/2021 at 00:48, fightoffyour said:

Just watched Palm Springs again. Sounds stupid but there are actually quite a few scenes at the start that have a bit of pay off for a second viewing. Anyway I think it’s one of the funniest and just nicest films I’ve ever seen, brilliant. I could watch it again right now in an endless loop.

 

On 18/04/2021 at 02:03, Designer1 said:

It's superb. Definitely one that would stand up to repeat viewings.

Palm Springs

Watched based on all the good feedback,  superb entertainment and some fantastic scenes.

Loved it 9/10

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 17/04/2021 at 18:38, Xela said:

I know its a VT favourite, but I watched Sexy Beast again last night. Brilliant!

Not sure who is more frightening - Ben Kingsley or Ian McShane! 

Saw it in the theater with zero expectations and loved it. Stylish, funny, weird and scary. Perfect film at the perfect time. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, maqroll said:

The actor who plays the deaf drummer is good.The film is a bit slow though. 

Riz Ahmed

saw something the other day that he's the first muslim actor to ever receive a post actor oscar nod, didnt really like that they had to stick that on to his name but at the same time think he's incredibly proud of his background and does that himself to try and raise awareness of lack of diversity and opportunities, seems like a great guy and he's a brilliant actor (although i tried and i cant have his music), 11 years since 4 lions...was linked with Bond and some other big stuff, he's got the chops and the personality i just think unfortunately he hasn't got the stature, he's about 5 ft 4"

give hip hop saved my life podcast with him on it a listen to and definitely watch the night of and four lions if you havent already 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
On 20/04/2021 at 07:22, villa4europe said:

Riz Ahmed

saw something the other day that he's the first muslim actor to ever receive a post actor oscar nod.

Mahershala Ali has two wins and he's Muslim. I'm wondering if he's the first British muslim actor to be nominated. 

Edit: Those were both for supporting actor - Riz is the first to be nominated for Best Actor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • VT Supporter
On 18/04/2021 at 07:33, mykeyb said:

Watched Promising Young Women which is quite good and Carey Mulligan looks better than I have ever seen her.

Unfortunately then watched the Kong v Godzilla film which is just a complete mess. A plot would have been a good idea........

Giant Ape v Giant Lizard lizard smash things and themselves up a bit is is really as much of a plot as you need.

I found the side stories a hindrance 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mortal Kombat is out today, I expect a masterpiece.

Stowaway on Netflix is another one I suspect will be rather like every other naff sci-fi flick they come out with these days, but even a bad pizza is a pizza.

One for the TV-series thread but ep 1 of fantasy series Shadow and Bone is also out today on Netflix

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, sne said:

Mortal Kombat is out today, I expect a masterpiece.

Stowaway on Netflix is another one I suspect will be rather like every other naff sci-fi flick they come out with these days, but even a bad pizza is a pizza.

One for the TV-series thread but ep 1 of fantasy series Shadow and Bone is also out today on Netflix

Watched it y'day. Wouldn't bother. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Watched it y'day. Wouldn't bother. 

I think I rate it higher than that but it’s your classic 6/10 film, worth a watch but will not live long in the memory or require a repeat viewing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


41 minutes ago, sne said:

Mortal Kombat is out today, I expect a masterpiece.

Stowaway on Netflix is another one I suspect will be rather like every other naff sci-fi flick they come out with these days, but even a bad pizza is a pizza.

One for the TV-series thread but ep 1 of fantasy series Shadow and Bone is also out today on Netflix

been trying to watch it for 2 weeks now, the amount of times ive found it only to be greeted by "MORTAL KOMBAT!!!!" and the 90s techno beat...

if this film doesnt have it somewhere i'll be disappointed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â