The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

5 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Godzilla vs Kong was great fun and a lot better then the previous films, very good looking film and the action is very well done, very entertaining hokum.

Where can you stream it from Phil, Been looking forward to this one

Edited by Follyfoot

Watched War Dogs at the weekend, was a decent film I thought. Based on a true story although some bits were added for effect. Crazy that the Pentagon procurement system allowed two stoners to bid for large military contracts. Wish I’d know about it back when I too was a young stoner. 

• Like 2

Watched 'Blazing Saddles' last night for probably the 50th time in my life.Just as hilarious as ever.

Of course no way though this type of movie would fly in today's society.

10 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

I thought Kong vs Godzilla was a right mess. Terrible storyline, bad acting and just generally bad. 

First hour was ok

Then it massively jumped the shark and turned to absolute bollocks

a film about a giant ape fighting a giant lizard took a plot turn that made it bollocks... That takes some doing 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

First hour was ok

Then it massively jumped the shark and turned to absolute bollocks

a film about a giant ape fighting a giant lizard took a plot turn that made it bollocks... That takes some doing 

No spoilers! 

Even if they will likely be very predictable and much debated online beforehand. 

Godzilla v Kong is a powerfully stupid movie.

I kinda loved it.

There's basically not a plot, it goes at breakneck speed and commits to how completely brain-dead it is.

And it looks great.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Godzilla v Kong is a powerfully stupid movie.

I kinda loved it.

There's basically not a plot, it goes at breakneck speed and commits to how completely brain-dead it is.

And it looks great.

Yeah to be far it was a great looking film.  Stupid plot,  and towards the end it seemed like it ran out of ideas so wrapped up pretty quickly.   I've found many worse ways of passing 2 hours. 

8 hours ago, dubbs said:

Yeah to be far it was a great looking film.  Stupid plot,  and towards the end it seemed like it ran out of ideas so wrapped up pretty quickly.   I've found many worse ways of passing 2 hours. 

Loved it, watched it with my eldest and found out he is a bit of a Godzilla geek which I honestly had no idea he was which somewhat pleased me as we now have something else to talk about other than the  Villa 

• Like 2

Â