The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

14 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Nah, Paddington 2 is the one where the scrappy upstart bear works against the cynical machinations of the Washington machine to get the evil cosmetics multinational to stop animal testing through passing an inspiring piece of legislation.

Think I must have missed that one? 

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:
  Hide contents

Legally_Blonde_2_film_poster.png

All the sequels in the world and you chose that one, love it, wonderfully going against the stereotype of what posters on a football forum would be in to. Unfortunately I stopped after the first one. 

1 minute ago, Rds1983 said:

All the sequels in the world and you chose that one, love it, wonderfully going against the stereotype of what posters on a football forum would be in to. Unfortunately I stopped after the first one. 

Just wanted to see if anyone would get it; sadly, no.

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

I thought it was that one where Julia Roberts plays a lawyer so shows what I know. 

Exactly what I thought it was

I was going to comment saying that @HanoiVillan had got it all wrong but the sly dog knew what he was doing. :D 

• Like 1

I watched Parasite last night. I was originally discourage by subtitles, but the reviews and awards were good enough to give it a go, and after the first ten minutes I was absorbed neough I hardly noticed them anymore. It's a brilliant film, I'll be a bit more open-minded about foreign cinema I think!

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I watched Parasite last night. I was originally discourage by subtitles, but the reviews and awards were good enough to give it a go, and after the first ten minutes I was absorbed neough I hardly noticed them anymore. It's a brilliant film, I'll be a bit more open-minded about foreign cinema I think!

Definitely- there’s some cracking foreign films out there worthy of being checked out.

off the top of my head try out

Oldboy

Infernal Affairs

Secret In Their Eyes

The Orphanage

Headhunter 

(I’m sure @Designer1 will have many more good suggestions too!) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I'm jealous of what you are about to see and discover, there are so many truly great foreign flims and series out there, enjoy the journey. 

Watched the new animation on Netflix called The Mitchell's vs The Machines last night which I really enjoyed. I think it is by the same people that did Spider-man: Into the Spider-Verse or at least the animation looks similar. It is genuinely quite funny and definitely not just for children 8/10

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

I watched TENET for 2.5 hours    WTF was that all about. Happy if some one would explain it and explain the end as well please 

**** knows mate, the Mrs got it as we watched it with the subtitles on so was a bit easier to follow. Will ask her and bang it up

Edited by Follyfoot

40 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

I watched TENET for 2.5 hours    WTF was that all about. Happy if some one would explain it and explain the end as well please 

It was the ending of Line of Duty backwards in the beginning tbc

Edited by Phil Silvers

2 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Cedric Diggory saves the world. The Middle.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

I spent a fair while watching YouTube videos trying explain the film and they did help but I am still confused as to what went on in parts.

I am seemingly one of the few people that actually really liked Tenet despite not fully understanding it

Sat through Voyagers so non of you'll have to.

It's basically Lord of the Flies, but in space. And it's not any good.

Lily-Rose Depp looks a lot like her mother thou so there's always that.

Voyagers Poster

A film I haven't watched for years and years I stumbled across on Disney+....

The 13th Warrior.

Good film and near the bottom of McTiernan's best. If he doesn't run into the legal trouble he does what other classics does he bestow on the world...

Also forgot one of the best/most clever transitions with the language change when he starts learning from them 

Edited by theunderstudy
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, theunderstudy said:

A film I haven't watched for years and years I stumbled across on Disney+....

The 13th Warrior.

Good film and near the bottom of McTiernan's best. If he doesn't run into the legal trouble he does what other classics does he bestow on the world...

Also forgot one of the best/most clever transitions with the language change when he starts learning from them 

Is that the one with Antonio Banderas? Cracking film and thank you for reminding me of it because I’m going to watch it again

Â