The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I can't look past Radcliffe being a posh twunt if I'm honest, I'm predujiced against him because of his accent, cant shake the whole Tim nice but dim routine out of my head any time I've seen him interviewed 

That's despite knowing that hes not silver spooned 

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I can't look past Radcliffe being a posh twunt if I'm honest, I'm predujiced against him because of his accent.

And today was the day I found out that Daniel Radcliffe was English!

I'd always assumed he was American (I don't think I've ever seen him in anything where he hasn't had an American accent).

• Shocked 1

I can’t get over my dislike for Harry Potter, although I’ve never watched one I have seen bits. Then there’s the full grown adults that are still obsessed by it, the kitchen cupboard at work is full of Harry Potter mugs and I have to listen to conversations about which school or whatever people pretend to be from etc...   fair enough for little kids, but **** me, there’s people in their 30’s casting fake spells and shit! 

So for that reason, I’d already decided I didn’t like Radcliffe before the film started. His weak smiled, pathetic bearded face and bad accents just compounded that. 

38 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Who the hell was clamoring for a Venom sequel?

Saying that I just looked and it did $800m off $100m budget.

How.

It did very well in China iirc.

45 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I watched Baby Driver again yesterday, I'd forgotten how enjoyable it is, plus I also love Lily James.

Me too, stunner. 

You can see a LOT more of her😉 in The Exception 2016. Watchable Nazi/resistance spy thriller, which also has a good performance from Christopher Plummer.

There's a part of me that wants to say 'who cares if it's any good, if it's in the cinema and it's not about superheroes I should go and see it this year'.

There's another part of me that couldn't tell if that was a parody for the first minute or so.

See, I can accept a talking tree or a talking trash panda in a film ..but a talking fox  , nah not having that

looked quite good up until that point

The Falklands Play was a new one on me (though I think it was only released in film format last year? )

it’s more drama than war film , and maybe sugar coats a few areas , but I found it a fascinating watch … well worth your time if you have any passing interest in events of that time 

Â